• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eine Kleine Rhine Whine

TS
RobSN

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
So, your thread has "Rhine Whine" in the title. Where are the accounts of the Rhein Wein you drank and the vineyards you visited. That photo appears to be of one of the great Rheingau vineyard sites, and you are talking about it like it's mere scenery rather than the zenith of riesling on the planet. That's the Rudesheimer Berg, right? Damn.
@skibob
@cantunamunch
Ah gosh Tony - you have me dead to rights - and yes, indeed, at the end of the day each day, I would be slotting back the joys of the local grape! I would always ask about the local vineyards and try to get a good few glasses of whatever was local, but, and maybe this is an after effect thereof, I am darned if I can remember right now which wines were which, although I did know at the time (i.e. from day to day, I'd remember what I'd had and be able to compare …). I can confirm however that (a) there are some superlative Swiss reds which I never see out of Switzerland, and (b) the various German mostly whites along the Rhine were also pretty darned good. And yes, that's Rudesheimer Berg …

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Swiss reds are indeed excellent!