• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Egg nog: Nectar of the gods or evil flemmy goo?

Egg nog: yes or no?

• It is the reason for the season. Prove me wrong

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • I'd rather swallow a slug

Votes: 27 48.2%

• Total voters

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
'Tis the season when the nog starts to show on the shelves. Full nog, light nog, booze nog, pumpkin spice nog, it's all out there. At our house we're divided. I love the stuff and have to NOT buy it to keep from drinking a quart at a time. @AKMINK calls it flemnog. What say you?

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Traditional egg nog is gross to me. It's palatable by adding rum. Rumchada and fireball is my "egg nog". It's the milky substance you are trying to replicate so Kahlua, Bailys, Vermont Ice, Maple cream, Coole Swan or any cream liquor will do as a base.

Last edited:
TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Cousin-in-law has a special recipe from his Dad, it never makes it much past Friday night of the annual Family g2g at my Aunt's. Homemade - Woodford bourbon - 151 - talk about Holiday Cheer! We keep requesting more but usually only get a gallon.

Of course we drink it out of these special mugs:

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 11

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yum.

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
Horchata/Rumchata is a good substitute for the holidays if you find eggnog Evil Flemmy Goo, but I LOVE eggnog. I have been trying out non-dairy options recently....wait for it....good, collective gag has been now been acknowledged.....but I think they are good and far less guilt ridden. I have the Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Nog in my fridge now - 1.5g fat and 70 calories...well, before the alcohol is added to it.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I like about 4oz of good commercial nog - like from your local glass-bottle dairy - cut by at least half with milk. Then some nuts and chocolate on the side. Or fruitcake. (I actually like fruitcake. :duck:) Ditto a dram of whiskey. About once a year. That's it.

Sponsor

Staff online