• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Easy-On Boot Aid

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A friend was asking me if there was any thing to help her with getting into her boots. I thought I had seen something on the interweb that looked like an egg or computer mouse, with grooves along the sides, that you would slide down the front of the boot to spread the shell apart. After some googling with no success, I am wondering if it was just my imagination or I saw it in a dream.
Does anyone know of such a device? What are people using to help with getting in and out of their boots?

If they're new boots maybe must warm them up and put the liner on first if needed. I think after having a few achilles issues some days my ankles just don't want to bend to get into the boot without putting the liner on first. Yesterday my right foot refused to come out of the boot without the liner and it wasn't even cold out.

TS
graham418

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you all for your suggestions, a lot of them we use all the time. I find the pulling the tongue to one side while opening the shell from the other is the easiest for me. My friend uses the mylar sheet as a shoehorn.
What I really wanted to know was did I see this gadget advertised somewhere, or did it just appear in a dream?