• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic East region Bragging rights

Kemperski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Sugar has joined Cataloochee in opening today. Temps later this week should allow them both to add to their trail count for next weekend

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Glad to see the official map-I was always confused as the which group we belonged to in NY. Never sure whether we were considered Mid-Atlantic, Midwest or New England, although the debate could be made for splitting the state up.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Glad to see the official map-I was always confused as the which group we belonged to in NY.

Well, in reality the way people discuss and seem to gravitate around here, I think NY gets chopped up... perhaps this is more the way we kind of group:

upload_2019-11-9_14-51-26.png

• Green would be Southeast skiers (NC resorts, and maybe southern WV should be in here?)
  • Blue would be the western Mid-Atlantic (Western and Central PA, Virginia, most or all of WV, and western NY)
  • Yellow would be eastern Mid-Atlantic (eastern PA, Poconos, NJ, southern NY)
  • Pink would be Northeast (New England, southern/eastern Ontario, Quebec, northern NY)
You get some similar things out west, where Telluride belongs more with Taos, than with Breckenridge perhaps, but there's a Colorado category. Nothing's perfect, so I like at least starting with the consistent definition on the original map and letting people feel their way through things - whatever makes for good and useful threads!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I am confused. Where did all these parts of New York came from all of a sudden?

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I suspect you're missing the NYC humour there - in which framework the answer to your question is "New York City's appendix".

Exactly.
We are New Yorkers. Then there are them up-staters.
To us New Yorkers, the state ends at the northern boundary of Westchester.

Kemperski

Getting on the lift
Skier
the very detailed details about New York have been fascinating; I know so much more about the Empire State than I did before, imagine my joy!

Sponsor