• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

East coast complement to 18/19 Monster 83

dropd9

Booting up
Skier
50 yo, advanced 5'10" 195# and absolutely love my M83's in 177. They do so much, so well and feel very comfortable in a variety of conditions from east-coast hardpack, icy(ish) moguls, and up to a couple inches of fresh. What i most appreciate about them and can describe is that they are reliable and predictable...much more so than the Nav80's that they replaced. Where they fall short, as predicted, is slush, slop, >4" of new snow and slower skiing.

My gut tells me Mindbender 99 or Enforcer 100, either one in a 177. I know the MB will ski slightly longer?? Some attributes that would be important to me are...
  • Obviously better in slush, slop and fresh snow. "Flotation" not so important as I don't really get more than a couple runs where that's needed over crud busting/chopped up powder.
  • A little bit buttery/slarvy and maneuverable at slower speeds i.e. skiing with my daughter, slush-bumps, etc...
My hunch is that both the MB and E100 would do just that. I'm not looking for carbon, L.I.B., twin tip extremes as "some" performance on hardpack would be necessary. I don't expect anything except a GS ski to carve it up like the Monsters, but that's what they are best at...carving. I can tail push for a while thru bumps and messing around but they talk back and insist on higher edges!

Also, have Redster Club Sport 130 (slightly softened) that fit like a glove so no touring/ascension or super soft shovels needed. Just something a bit more relaxed, particularly in the tail. Thank you!!!