• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Trip Reports Early Season BC around Seattle

Other Aaron

Give me Site Visits in Ski towns
Skier
Things are looking to shape up to a pretty heavy winter (trying not to jynx it) this season in the PNW. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for easier tours or BC areas that are likely to be skiable before the resorts open up?

This will be my first season touring, and I do plan to do some courses with the Mountaineers. I already have my Avy1

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Artist pointe & Muir snowfield are my go-to options early season. Just keep in mind that they start gating the road down from Paradise & doing chain checks in Nov, so keep an eye on your pace. (Edith creek basin, to lookers right of Pan Pointe is also an option, and Mazama ridge to lookers right of Edith Creek is really fun once the creek fills in).

I’ve heard from a few people that Mission is in given how much more snow the east side got with this weekends snow. I have a few friends skinning it today, and if that’s the case, Blewett Pass is probably in too.

TS
Other Aaron

Other Aaron

Skier
Artist pointe & Muir snowfield are my go-to options early season. Just keep in mind that they start gating the road down from Paradise & doing chain checks in Nov, so keep an eye on your pace. (Edith creek basin, to lookers right of Pan Pointe is also an option, and Mazama ridge to lookers right of Edith Creek is really fun once the creek fills in).

I’ve heard from a few people that Mission is in given how much more snow the east side got with this weekends snow. I have a few friends skinning it today, and if that’s the case, Blewett Pass is probably in too.

Thanks, That sounds great! I'll have to check out mission and the rest. Unfortunately I need to wait a week for my skis to be mounted... and find a partner

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Other Aaron - what ski did you ultimately settle on?

And for partners, if you’re not a member of the TAY and Washington Alpine Climbing & Ski Mountaineering groups on Facebook, that’s a good place to start.

TS
Other Aaron

Other Aaron

Skier
@Other Aaron - what ski did you ultimately settle on?

And for partners, if you’re not a member of the TAY and Washington Alpine Climbing & Ski Mountaineering groups on Facebook, that’s a good place to start.

QST 106 with Shift bindings. I expect this season to be 75% inbounds and 25% out. I am awaiting approval with both TAY and the Facebook group.

TS
Other Aaron

Other Aaron

Skier
And it looks like I have an opportunity to head up to Camp Muir with them this sunday

Attachments

• IMG_5427.JPG
    IMG_5427.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 12

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid