• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA Early preview of ScotsSkier's annual closet clearance sale!

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Since it was mentioned in the other thread

https://www.pugski.com/threads/scotsskier-moves-to-augment-skis.16405/#post-385988

"Quote
Cantnamunch
"And even more interesting to hear what comes out at the closet sale :roflmao:"

I realized the year was quickly rolling around to that time again for what will be the 10th annual ScotsSkier closet clearance sale

I have to admit life has been a bit busy lately (Mrs ScotsSkier has got me remodeling :() so I have not had time to start sorting out gear. However since @cantunamunch brought it up here is an early preview of skis I know from memory will be available...

Atomic 165 FIS slalom, Xvar 19s SOLD
17 Blizzard WC GS FIS W 188/30 with Marker 20s - 5days only
Blizzard WC GS 188/30 FIS W with Marker 20s - my most successful race ski ever:)
Head Monster 88 184, Solly 14s or 16s on head race plate -< 10 days on these
18 Rossi Hero 188/30, RF 18s, <10 race days
New Blizzard 205/40 SG ski with Marker 20s
Atomic 205/40 SG ski with Xvar 19s
Atomic 210/40 SG ski with Xvar 19s

Probably others as well but that is the first installment.
Also, for local pick-up only I have some 165 FIS slaloms that I would not ship and certainly past their best for race use, not necessarily pretty, but still work great for free-ski and will be cheap!

Atomic 165 FIS, Xvar 19s
Rossi 165, MFX15s

will have other stuff once I open up the gear closet. Race suits, Jackets, protective equipment/guards, new 24.5 atomic race boot etc. If there is something you are interested in let me know or if you are looking for something not listed, good chance I may have it!

Full listings to come when I get some breathing space...

Last edited:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Interested in a pair of beater FIS SLs to keep out in Tahoe. Maybe the Atomics. I know beater is a relative term for you. Wouldn't be able to pick up till Feb though likely so no problem if more deservong locals grab dibs.

Would consider alternately a beater GS. Just looking for something for groomer days no intention of racing.

Last edited:

ted

Getting off the lift
Skier
Totally off topic but since you are selling the Atomic boots, I'm curious what boot is working for you currently.

Also his idea of beater may be different than most. I bought a used pair of 188/30 Volkl GS ski from him that he didn't necessarily call beater, but they were cheap.
They had the best base and edges of any ski I've owned!

TS
ScotsSkier

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Interested in a pair of beater FIS SLs to keep out in Tahoe. Maybe the Atomics. I know beater is a relative term for you. Wouldn't be able to pick up till Feb though likely so no problem if more deservong locals grab dibs.

Would consider alternately a beater GS. Just looking for something for groomer days no intention of racing.

That is doable Bob, will have some cheap GS options as well

TS
ScotsSkier

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Totally off topic but since you are selling the Atomic boots, I'm curious what boot is working for you currently.

Also his idea of beater may be different than most. I bought a used pair of 188/30 Volkl GS ski from him that he didn't necessarily call beater, but they were cheap.
They had the best base and edges of any ski I've owned!

Ted, I am using the tecnica WC boot. Same as WC Doberman. The clog is very similar to the older atomic RT ( and in fact the latest atomic boot is basically the old boot again! )

And yes, by beater, they still perform well outside the course (or for club racing) but top sheets may be a bit the worse for wear.

Last edited:

ted

Getting off the lift
Skier
Ted, I am using the tecnica WC boot. Same as WC Doberman. The clog is very similar to the older atomic RT ( and in fact the latest atomic boot is basically the old boot again! )

I find that really interesting that the Tecnica and Nordica are the same. The consumer Tecnicas(Mach 1 LV) have a stance that is completely wrong for me. The consumer Nordicas(Promachine) are just about perfect.

TS
ScotsSkier

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I find that really interesting that the Tecnica and Nordica are the same. The consumer Tecnicas(Mach 1 LV) have a stance that is completely wrong for me. The consumer Nordicas(Promachine) are just about perfect.

They are not all the same Ted, just the WC boot. The closest in the retail boot to this is the Tecnica R9.3 and the equivalent Dobie. Across the rest of the range I think the Tecnica and Nordica boots are quite different

ted

Getting off the lift
Skier
They are not all the same Ted, just the WC boot. The closest in the retail boot to this is the Tecnica R9.3 and the equivalent Dobie. Across the rest of the range I think the Tecnica and Nordica boots are quite different

I realize that, that's why I think it's interesting thee use the same WC shell when the consumer boots are soooo different.

TS
ScotsSkier

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I realize that, that's why I think it's interesting thee use the same WC shell when the consumer boots are soooo different.

Most of the WC boots are getting petty similar, some things just work....

In fact anyone might think Pinterault's Head boot looked exactly the same as the Rossi boot, or that Hirscher's redster boot looked awfully similar to the Dobie.... :roflmao::roflmao:

Sponsor