• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Earliest songs U remember on radio?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Dreams by Fleetwood Mac. My mom had it on the radio in the car when I was pretty young. Maybe 4 or 5.
My 8th grade weight training phys ed teacher played Rumors EVERY SINGLE DAY for the entire quarter first period. I still hear those songs in the back of my head whenever I'm lifting and nothing else is playing. It was a great choice, all songs are perfect tempo for lifting.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My brother is 12 years older than I so I grew up with Beach Boys, Beatles, Dave Clark 5, Rolling Stones, and Rat Fink!

Last edited:

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

When I was a kid Blood, Sweat and Tears were staying at the same Holiday Inn as us and they were hitting on my sisters up at the pool.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The first song I remember was American Pie, it struck a cord because we were in the back seat of my brothers Chevy and we thought that was cool and pretended that we were going to drive to the Levy.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
...oh no, not so fast there Mr Dart, you weren't the only one around in the seventies :eek:gcool-
IMG_1378.jpg
IMG_1379.jpg
IMG_1380.jpg

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
"Bridge Over Troubled Water"

Simon sang this at the Democratic Convention earlier this week -- it was a little rough. I guess he is in his 70s.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
When I was a kid Blood, Sweat and Tears were staying at the same Holiday Inn as us and they were hitting on my sister down at the pool.
Thats golden!

Best I can do ... when I was a pre-teen Jhonny and Edgar Winters were staying in the "off limits" penthouse top floor of the hotel my family stayed at in Miami. Somehow I managed to find my way up there. Took one look at them from across the hall, they were in white tunic looking things which between that, the non-pigmented skin, red pupils of their eyes and long white hair, I thought I was seeing a family of ghost or vampires! Ran out of there as fast as I could!

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The very first song I remember is also my earliest memory. I was three, and walking down what, to me, was a long road but was probably a long driveway. My parents were house sitting in Oregon for the summer and I remember the song Downtown running through my head, and it assume that's where I thought we were going. I still don't like that song.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Well, actually, though I heard Little Deuce Coupe on my own brand-new transistor radio when I was about 12, the very earliest I remember was when I was about 6 or so, on my mom's radio, and it was Catch a Falling Star by Perry Como.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Back to "Bridge" ... it was late 1970, and we were driving back to CO from Mungumree AL (where we lived a few months for some of my dad's USAF stuff) and there was a snowstorm with those humongous flakes in the dark, where the headlights light them up and you can't stop staring at them. Vivid memory, although I was just 2.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Michael Jackson?

Yea. My mom listened to mostly classical music. But I do remember that song coming on one time, it was by accident. So that's the first song I remember from the radio.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The Platters - Only You (And You Alone)
It came out in 1955. I remember hearing it in 1962.
I'd like to say I remember the song from my early childhood but at the moment I don't.
Will say, over the years whenever that song randomly came on the radio or television, even in my fathers latter years, (mom is 11 years younger), he and my mom would stop whatever they were doing and magnetically break into a slow dance.
Thx for the memory KG :)

Sponsor