• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dynastar Cham 2.0 97

Ben

Aka Effortless
Skier
I just bought the Cham 2.0 97 in 178 length. Equipped with marker kingpin 13 and I am SO pleased with the set up!!

What a ski! Ok, what a ski for me!

I'm 44 and I put in about 60 days a season in the beautiful Dolomite mountains.

My current quiver of freeride skis are Blizzard Brahma, Kastle BMX 108 and now the Chams

Blizzard Brahma are a great frontside all mountain ski but the rocker doesn't really help in crust or difficult situations. The tips are just a little too stiff for a back country ski. The Chams in comparison cut easily through crust. The radius is smaller on the Chams so if you crank them over and stay forward they carve beautifully and eat up
Chop and crud. If you go back seat then the ski does chatter a little but this is solely down to bad technique if it happens

The Kastle have a quality feeling and put out long turns in soft snow. The Cham in comparison gives a surfy sensation but also very nimble. In the trees the Cham inspire you to go deeper and steeper! They turn so easily and smear to an immediate stop when needed. The Kastle are a bit of a handful In comparison.

The Cham give me a perfect ski for freeriding and backcountry use. I hardly ever skin more than 300 verticle - most of my freeriding is lift accessed with a quick skin to reach some untracked delight and the Chams are simply perfect for this.

I am so happy because I really think I have found a ski that fits in the middle of my quiver.

The truth is that I don't think the Brahma will be getting that much action now and the Kastle are more than likely up for grabs.

I guess the ski falls more into the finesse category than power. But for me, an aging freerider and technically accomplished this IS the ski!!!!!

Royal

UTAH
Skier
my feelings exactly for this ski and the previous HM version. now I just have to come up with the $$$ for a pair.

Sponsor

Staff online