• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dunlop SP Winter Sport 5 SUV tire feedback?

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Been very happy with Perrelli Scorpion Winters on multiple cars, but got a reco for the Dunlops on my current vehicle.

Tahoe winters and probably keeping them on year round.

All feed back welcome.

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
Not exactly your tire, however I previously ran the Scorpion winters, and then last winter switched to the Dunlop SP Wintersport 3D. I was happy with the Pirellis and was skeptical of the switch- I am admittedly a tire snob. At the time, the dealer only had the Dunlop as an option for my car. In any case, I was really happy with the ride and performance of the new Dunlops. No slipping, and tons of grip on ice and snow. I was 100% happy with them. In fact I kept them on for the entire year and didn't buy a new set of warmer weather rubber this year. The Dunlops rode well all year long. There is plenty of tread left for me this winter.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Been very happy with Perrelli Scorpion Winters on multiple cars, but got a reco for the Dunlops on my current vehicle.

Tahoe winters and probably keeping them on year round.

All feed back welcome.
What type of vehicle are you putting them on?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I have used a Dunlop All-Season tire with a "AA" traction rating on a sports coupe vehicle. It exceeded all my expectations for Snow, Rain, and Dry pavement so if they give it a "AA" rating it is real. Sorry I can not remember the exact model but when I went back to the dealer for another car he said they no longer make that tire.

TS
P

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sounds like the Dunlops would have been good, but went ahead with the Perrellis - thanks for the info though!

Sponsor

Staff online