• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Drones on the Mountains-$10mm in Venture Capital Jump-Starts Business

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Took this pic in Vail this past summer. A few years ago who would have imagined seeing signs like this.

IMG_0139.JPG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've seen some promotions about business' that are trying to work with the resorts for a "controlled and for profit" drone service.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just had an ad pop up on my feed about Cape at Squaw Valley
https://www.cape.com/locations/squaw-valley/?date=Feb. 18, 2016
They are pretty clear about what you can expect for the $$

WHAT EXACTLY DO I GET?
Your Cape video package gets you 2-3 runs with a Cape drone on one of our designated runs. Once you’re done, we take all of your footage and produce a beautiful 1 - 1.5 minute highlight video of your experience. Number of runs and video length vary at different locations. You can view your video and download the video files directly from your personal Cape page, which is delivered to you over email upon completing your reservation.

TS
quant

quant

Don't worry; just go down.
Skier
Just had an ad pop up on my feed about Cape at Squaw Valley
https://www.cape.com/locations/squaw-valley/?date=Feb. 18, 2016
They are pretty clear about what you can expect for the $$

WHAT EXACTLY DO I GET?
Your Cape video package gets you 2-3 runs with a Cape drone on one of our designated runs. Once you’re done, we take all of your footage and produce a beautiful 1 - 1.5 minute highlight video of your experience. Number of runs and video length vary at different locations. You can view your video and download the video files directly from your personal Cape page, which is delivered to you over email upon completing your reservation.

The price seems very reasonable. Cape only has a few resorts so far and it doesn't appear that many spots for the service are reserved mid-week. Still, it seems likely that families, friends, etc. would use the service. Will it make a profit?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I for one do NOT want these things buzzing around the sky when I'm skiing. Unless of course I can shoot them down in some type of Biathlon 2016 event :beercheer:

Just imagine the headline: BIATHLON TO EXPAND TO INCLUDE BOTH "STANDARD" AND "TRAP/SKEET SHOOTING" VERSIONS. STORY AT 11!"

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January