• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta Driving Calgary to Revy - Park fees?

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be driving from Calgary to Revy at Xmas. Looking at the map, I'll be passing through 3 National Parks - Banff, Yoho, and Glacier. How much in park fees will I be paying? Is it just Banff that charges or do Yoho and Glacier also charge entrance fees? I drove from Calgary to Kicking Horse last year, but the parks were free as it was the anniversary of the Canadian national parks (maybe just Banff?), so I didn't have to worry about cost.

Thanks

TS
ksampson3

ksampson3

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well that was a fun read. Thanks, Dave.

JoeSchmoe

Snowboarder
Skier
I skimmed it. I got the impression that if you have to stop to use the washroom somewhere you're supposed to pony up?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I skimmed it. I got the impression that if you have to stop to use the washroom somewhere you're supposed to pony up?

No peeing required. If you stop your vehicle and looked out the window, you needed a park pass.

TS
ksampson3

ksampson3

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yep. Pretty much what my take away was. And that they are bad at math. $9.80 times 2 doesn't equal $17.60. Not in the US, at least.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
We had a park pass but forgot to put in our windshield along with a bunch more, all of us got tickets at sunshine. So they DO check parking lots if you stop.
Enjoy your trip, every where you look is spectacular and all the Mts great fun to ski!

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
You can stop to get gas or use the washroom without a pass. Just don't park in the middle of banff and wander the streets to use find a washroom. Gas stations, visitor centers, or road side pit toilets are the best.

Side note: gas in BC is really expensive. Golden is one of the most expensive places to fuel up, but they kind of have you...as it is 150 km from golden to the next gas station when heading west.

Leave Calgary with a full tank. Considering topping up in Lake Louise (pricey, but not as bad as golden).

Sponsor

Staff online