• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Driving a 'people mover' van in snowy road conditions.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
52104949_387898785099868_9170187744591216640_.jpeg
I not a professional driver (anymore) but driving a long logger during the Winter in the woods low rpm high torque CAT engines with lockers was definitely the best set up for maintaining traction in greasy conditions. The lower your speed the more ground pressure. Deep reduction & 2 speed rear ends are your friends.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
View attachment 68197 I not a professional driver (anymore) but driving a long logger during the Winter in the woods low rpm high torque CAT engines with lockers was definitely the best set up for maintaining traction in greasy conditions. The lower your speed the more ground pressure. Deep reduction & 2 speed rear ends are your friends.
I thought BJ and the Bear got cancelled?

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
One advantage the four wheel drive has over the two wheel drive is that you don't have to go as fast around the corners to make it up the next hill.

But...lol...if the 4 drive vehicle is a larger and more top heavy (higher gravity center) as well as longer as well as more cornering roll, chances are you cant take a turn as fast cause with all that negative leverage you may be straight through it and into the woods anyway especially if no snows on.

Sponsor

Staff online