• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

DPS Wailer112RP2 SE

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Has anyone been on these? Had a chance to try them out this am due to the generosity of a friend. Conditions were 7 inches somewhat winded. Found them to be playful, stable and generally a lot of fun.

I think I would miss them after the next storm particularly if it's heavy or wind packed. May be the ride I'm looking for.

Particularly interested in comments from anyone who's had em deep. Ron, do you have or have you ever had these, or ties to the Communist Party?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have skied them and they are fun, I did like the longer wheelbase (they lowered the tail and increased the running length) compared to the regular Wailer 112. Paging @Marshal Olson to the white courtesy phone.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've skied a few DPS's. The first one was the Yvette Pure, which is the 112. Super fun ski in any kind of powder.
I haven't been on any of the SE's , perhaps I need to change that

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I can get a pro deal on the limiteds or a big discount on last year's regular 112-s so it would be great to get insight on how they might compare.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I can get a pro deal on the limiteds or a big discount on last year's regular 112-s so it would be great to get insight on how they might compare.

I have one here....litterally one.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Which one? Limited?

I want to extend the quiver concept to the point of having something good for the next storm coming in.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
image.jpeg

This one?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Again..I only have one..for a project. Stay tuned..so much coming soon with Pugski! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm just interested in knowing how it skis particularly in comparison to the yellow version.

I have a line on one pro priced but a demo will not be possible. I should have just taken your car keys.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
I love the yellow 112RP. The only thing I would change is maybe make the tail rocker a bit smaller, but that would make them less nimble in the trees. IMO the regular is a perfect resort deep snow ski, the only time they may feel lacking is when charging wide field of heavy powder at top speed. How often do you get to do that?

I be had mine for 4 years now and the only ski i would consider switching it for would be the Stockli Stormrider Pro in 185, and even that is questionable because I would miss the magic of double rocker in the trees. Of course I'm totally curious about how DPS has been evolving the 112. But by all accounts the 112RP has been the franchise ski for them, the ski that put then on the map of the wider skier community.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I love the yellow 112RP. The only thing I would change is maybe make the tail rocker a bit smaller, but that would make them less nimble in the trees. IMO the regular is a perfect resort deep snow ski, the only time they may feel lacking is when charging wide field of heavy powder at top speed. How often do you get to do that?

I be had mine for 4 years now and the only ski i would consider switching it for would be the Stockli Stormrider Pro in 185, and even that is questionable because I would miss the magic of double rocker in the trees. Of course I'm totally curious about how DPS has been evolving the 112. But by all accounts the 112RP has been the franchise ski for them, the ski that put then on the map of the wider skier community.
Thanks Alex. I was told the special edition has less tail rocker and the conditions you describe may be part of what I want from the ski. i.e. Mineral Basin after it's set. That said I'm not looking to go 30mph through something I'd rather take my time and enjoy. Sounds like the yellow would probably work, unless Phil will sell me the SE-s (jk).