• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I wonder what they are going to charge the shops for them... or are they going to loan them for free in hopes of selling more Phantom? It looks pretty much like I would expect. Not sure why it took so long.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Joe's Ski Tuning & Tanning Salon

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Paging @Doug Briggs. Are you guys going to have this this season?

I'll ask Chuck when he returns from vaca. I kind of hope not if you are talking about Phantom and shop application. We simply don't have the room. It was a blessing when we stopped carrying rentals as we got more retail space but we are still space-challenged.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I wonder what they are going to charge the shops for them... or are they going to loan them for free in hopes of selling more Phantom? It looks pretty much like I would expect. Not sure why it took so long.

They probably wanted an ozone-free system with no UV-C emission.

It would have been dirt cheap to throw a couple of E27 bulbs into a mylar bag with a vent fan to the outdoors - but also "wear a welder's mask and thick full coverage clothing"-type dangerous.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll bet they are just standard tanning bed light bulbs. When this first came up, I read up on them and discovered that the plastic shield in tanning beds not only holds the person, but also blocks the shorter wavelength UV. The curing station looks a lot like those used for UV-cure epoxy.

Sponsor