• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold DPS Cassiar 87 Foundation T2 - $199 / $299

jski

Booting up
Skier
Just to chime in...

I bought the pair Cassiar 87 Foundation that Marshal had on this thread.

I had them out this weekend for the first time in the Catskills after Friday's big storm. The skis are super fun. Fast and felt responsive, and they don't feel overlong at 185. I loved their relative lightness, and even with piles of relatively heavy skied over snow, they felt pretty composed. Phil's long term review of the Cassair was helpful, and pretty spot on.

In the off season, I want to put Phantom on them.

I'm really happy with the purchase, and Marshal was a good seller.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Somebody needs to buy the C82. I demoed that ski (in the Alchemist version) last year, in that length, and it didn’t feel that long. I prefer mid 170’s skis, so if I could ski these, they do in fact ski a little short.

It was a really fun ski that I didn’t want to return to the demo tent!

TS
Marshal

Marshal

Booting up
Industry Insider
@trailtrimmer
Quick note, I wasn’t able to get them out before heading to a long-weekend spring break with kids. I’ll ship on Wednesday for you.

Cheers!!

TS
Marshal

Marshal

Booting up
Industry Insider
Look forward to your thoughts on em!
Cheers.

And still the Cassiar 87’s up for grabs.
Now mounted with Tyrolia 12’s at 315mm
$275 + ship...
headed to eBay soon :)

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Follow up report.

The 82's with metal are a silky smooth ride that wake up quick, are super balanced and link turns effortlessly. They favor medium to long radius bends, but if you lay into them they will tighten up a bit. Ice grip is better than I expected and they handle crud and tamped down tree runs with well poised demeanor. They have bumped my Latigo into position #2 for front side all mountain as they are slightly more refined and the length works better for me as the 177 Latigo skis short. Would love to compare it to the Alchemist layup, but my pockets are not that deep. ;)

Thank you for the unique sticks Marshal!

TS
Marshal

Marshal

Booting up
Industry Insider
Glad you enjoy them!
Thanks for the note.

I still have a pair of 87’s for sale (includes head 12 bindings) and also will be selling a pair 94’s with attack demo bindings.

Cheers

TS
Marshal

Marshal

Booting up
Industry Insider
Bump.

Sold the 94's.
All that remains are the 87's.
Awesome skis.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
It's a crime these have not sold. If they act like the 82's, there is no need to own a Kendo or Brahma, it's in the same class as the Stormrider 88.

TS
Marshal

Marshal

Booting up
Industry Insider
It's a crime these have not sold. If they act like the 82's, there is no need to own a Kendo or Brahma, it's in the same class as the Stormrider 88.

I actually thought the 87 would sell first!
As you say, the only skis in it’s class (from my perspective) are kastle and stockli.

Very smooth, very stable, nice rebound, while still quick and nimble off piste. Pretty unique ride that is super rewarding to a competent technical pilot!

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Trying to push a few friend to these. One is looking for playful tree ski in the U.P. These just might work for him.