• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This is the same ski as we had at the Alta demo a few years ago, right? In that case, I skied the 167 and liked it quite a bit on a firm (for Utah) day.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for that. I'm looking for something more front sided so perhaps this ski isn't it. As of right now I keep my 2018 Rallys at Bromley during the season. Keeping my eyes open for an equivalent to keep at condo so I don't have to move skis back and forth. I am purchasing a pair of Head World Cups I.SL (non RD version) to replace my Redsters and I may just use this as my Rally 'like ski at condo.

@surfsnowgirl The Trainer would be a great instructor ski. ogwink Better than the Head I.SL.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
@surfsnowgirl - you should add these to your collection. Be a great DD down there.

They would be perfect to keep at the condo since I keep my Rallys at Bromley. Buying a pair of Volkl Secrets next so hoping these are still available in a month or two. Fingers crossed they are still available. At that width I'd need them to grip the hard pack like a rabid dog.

Last edited:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The Trainer would be a great instructor ski.

Hmmm. You think?

What I love about this ski is the way it more or less shouts "I said arc to arc, you pathetic loser!" It's kind of binary in that way. Now, it's easier and more forgiving when skiing that way than just about any ski I can think of, because it provides so much feedback about how clean your turns are without actually smacking you down. That's why the model name is perfect.

But if I were an instructor I'd want to be demonstrating lots of kinds of turns, and I'm not sure this ski is the one I'd choose for, say, carefully feathered brushy instructor turns.

:duck:

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmmm. You think?

What I love about this ski is the way it more or less shouts "I said arc to arc, you pathetic loser!" It's kind of binary in that way. Now, it's easier and more forgiving when skiing that way than just about any ski I can think of, because it provides so much feedback about how clean your turns are without actually smacking you down. That's why the model name is perfect.

But if I were an instructor I'd want to be demonstrating lots of kinds of turns, and I'm not sure this ski is the one I'd choose for, say, carefully feathered brushy instructor turns.

Well, I haven’t skied them, so it was a guess. But a great race-clinic ski???

I’d buy a pair in 167 in a heartbeat. I have DPS skis in the Alchemist construction and love them, even on hardpack. So, East Coast, no problem. Somebody, please, BUY THESE!!!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hmmm. You think?

I think because if your lighter weight, you had that binary feel..especially in the 167cm length.

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@James mentioned the Exotic Skis review; here is an excerpt:

Everyone should have one of these in their quiver to remind them how much fun groomers can be when there is no fresh snow to be had anywhere. Instructors teaching people to carve will find this tool extremely useful to demonstrate carving progression at speeds students can follow carefully on the hill. Nice work and completely confounding for hard-core DPS fans who don't understand DPS's venture into carving geometries when the Wailer & Lotus models are so addicting.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Instructors teaching people to carve will find this tool extremely useful to demonstrate carving progression at speeds students can follow carefully on the hill.

Totally agree with this but it doesn't address my point.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is someones "For Sale" thread. Let's respect that and although it is pretty late, let's keep the non constructive side conversation to a minimum.

TS
laine

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Still for sale. Who wants to give themselves or a loved one a Labor Day gift? It's quite unexpected - getting a gift for Labor Day - so it's better than Christmas!

Treat yo'self! (Or someone else.) :D

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This a really great ski. Someone wanting a playful carving ski that rips in bumps would really enjoy this ski.

Sponsor

Staff online