• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
My Stockli Laser AX has killed my quiver and I'm thinning the herd so I can justify replacing my daily driver next season. Selling two pair of skis that are both amazing, as I just keep grabbing the AX.

This is the second listing - DPS Cassiar Alchemist 79 "The Trainer" - 160 with Attack2 13 GW bindings set at a 266 BSL (I have small feet). These are DPS skis meant for carving with a 79.2 waist. They are light (but have carbon), nimble, and awesome.

I bought these from Ski Essentials last spring and skied them less than a dozen times. These are super fun, easy-to-ski skis. Skis have some minor cosmetic dings on the topsheet, but the bases are in excellent condition. Note: this is not a women's ski - it's unisex, if that matters.

Here are a couple write-ups/descriptions:
https://www.pugski.com/threads/tricias-2018-19-ski-tests-sub-83mm-skis.11346/#post-260610
http://www.skiessentials.com/2019-dps-cassiar-79-2-trainer-alchemist-skis.html
https://www.evo.com/skis/dps-cassiar-79-alchemist-trainer

$650 plus shipping - or local meetup in the North Tahoe or the Bay Area.

dps1.jpg

dps2.jpg

dps3.jpg

dps4.jpg

dps5.jpg

dps6.jpg

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I wonder how these would do in the ice coast.

I eventually would love these as my Rallys go to Bromley with me and I like to keep a similar width ski in my locker at magic. That said timing is off for me until August I hope someone gives them a good home.

Last edited:
TS
laine

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Thanks. I listed them on Fleabay yesterday, but would much rather sell them to someone here if I can. I’m not sure what the current ski purchase market is like right now on eBay, so I may still have them in the summer/fall. If so, I’ll bump this again in August.

James

Out There
Instructor
I wonder how these would do in the ice coast.
They have a much more all mountain tip than the current version Rally. Soft snow or moguls- much better. Actually, anywhere frankly for me. Don't know the ski though.
I was a fan of the first Rally, but since they went to the Hammer Head tip, not.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
They have a much more all mountain tip than the current version Rally. Soft snow or moguls- much better. Actually, anywhere frankly for me. Don't know the ski though.
I was a fan of the first Rally, but since they went to the Hammer Head tip, not.

Thanks for that. I'm looking for something more front sided so perhaps this ski isn't it. As of right now I keep my 2018 Rallys at Bromley during the season. Keeping my eyes open for an equivalent to keep at condo so I don't have to move skis back and forth. I am purchasing a pair of Head World Cups I.SL (non RD version) to replace my Redsters and I may just use this as my Rally 'like ski at condo.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Just so we're clear...
I'd take this over a Rally anyday even for hard snow and I don't even know it. (But then I'd stick a Rally in a woodchipper where it belongs ogsmile:ogcool:.)
Don't know what a head World Cup is.
Pay attention to the tips on all these.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Just so we're clear...
I'd take this over a Rally anyday even for hard snow and I don't even know it. (But then I'd stick a Rally in a woodchipper where it belongs ogsmile:ogcool:.)
Don't know what a head World Cup is.
Pay attention to the tips on all these.

Thanks. I know you aren't a Rally fan :)

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@Tricia, what would you think about the Trainer as an East Coast hard pack tamer? I think they'd do pretty well without being overly demanding.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia, what would you think about the Trainer as an East Coast hard pack tamer? I think they'd do pretty well without being overly demanding.

I love the trainer for a carving ski but even more so as a bump ski. That ski kicks ass!!

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Complete fanboy for this ski, having demo'd it for the second time at the not-mother's-day gathering. The Exotic Skis description is on point. So is the model name. Have not skied it in the east.

James

Out There
Instructor
Complete fanboy for this ski, having demo'd it for the second time at the not-mother's-day gathering. The Exotic Skis description is on point. So is the model name. Have not skied it in the east.
What size did you ski?

James

Out There
Instructor
If this was like 174, I'd be tempted.
Love the color!
Have become a shameful binding matcher though. These need color.

Clash, or works? Have to see irl? The white brakes def work:
IMG_6466.JPG
Sweet as usual:
IMG_6467.JPG
Cute. Might be hard to get:
IMG_6468.JPG
Would look very good. If you own a white coupe, this:

IMG_6469.JPG
Almost great. The black on the toe drags it down.
IMG_6470.JPG
Well, well, well...

I’ve had a pair of park ski, Dynastar Trouble Maker! At 84 under foot, it was reasonably knee friendly. I retired that by putting tele bindings on it. Should have used something like quiver killer with the new binding so I could go back to using it for east coast as a “all mountain” ski!

But truth be told, it was a tad on the short side at 154 (I’m 162cm tall, I found my sweet spot length being 158~160cm). I would even go a bit narrower than 84 too. Though a tiny bit more sidecut to help with the carving would be welcomed.
Hmmmm............
Just sayin'!

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The white one.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Actually, on second thought, the spx on this ski.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
With the bit of gold on the ski...
t-sth2-wtr-16__L40514600.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online