• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Don't Leave Home Without It? Stuff you can't easily leave behind that most others do when camping.

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
Food is where you can save a lot of weight. On a multi day trip, I dont carry much that isnt dehydrated, and very few cans.
Bfast is oatmeal, raisins, dry milk, cinnamon, sugar in a ziplock. Just add water to the bag.
The Knorr pasta sides and bagged chicken make chicken alfredo by boiling water. You have to transfer them to a ziplock so you can add butter buds.
4 cheese taters, bacon bits, parsley, garlic and onion powder make a decent meal. Again, just add water.
I dehydrated burger and made beefy noodle with the Knorr products also.
In the same aisle, there is red beans and rice, get two. One for your kid and one for you, Get the little can of Spam, and a can of tiny shrimp. Make the beans and rice, split the Spam and shrimp. Chunk the Spam small and toss it in. Trail Jambalaya. About day 4 living out of the kayak it is about as good as it gets.
Vacuum pack everything bagels. They look funny but taste right for lunch. Add meat snack sticks and cheese.

Normally I figure out the meal plan ahead of time and vacuum seal everything by day including 2 granola bars and home made trail mix. Both are good in a canoe or kayak.

Sponsor

Staff online