• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

don't ignore your helmet compatible hood

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The last three days I skied at Squaw Valley were quite cold, windy and overcast. I wore two hoods over my helmet: my mid layer hood and my shell hood. I was comfy. I really love my new mid layer (ArcTeryx Atom LT). It just feels so soft, even zipped up all the way, it's just like a soft neck gaiter. My shell, which is a Fly Low, also zips up all the way without strangling me. I've had jackets that weren't comfortable when zipped up with hood up, so I'm very pleased with my set up these days.

My jacket is a Fly Low too. It is very comfortable when fully zipped, my TNF jacket was not as comfortable.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My jacket is a Fly Low too. It is very comfortable when fully zipped, my TNF jacket was not as comfortable.
My old Patagonia wasn’t either. I never zipped it up all the way. That’s a problem in storms.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I will wear a hood if it is snowing hard with wind, or if the snow is particularly wet snow (what I call 33 degree snow), which we have had a bit lately.

One of my OR jackets is a S and the hood does feed confining, my M size is much more comfortable with the hood up, though I have to cinch it so it isn’t too loose.

BTW, this is the proper use of “too” and ”loose.” ;)

Sponsor

Staff online