• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
This Talus room, looks like it's in the Summit bldg? Bit of a hike from the Lodge - how's the route from there to the Talus? Mostly through parking lots and roads? I don't get a decent feel for the distance from the village street map. I do like the location next to the Swift and Ramcharger lifts. Will the room be set up with chairs & tables? To seat how many?

So, bottom line, is it a reasonable walk (<5 min) if I planned on walking from the Lodge and boot up at the Talus?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This Talus room, looks like it's in the Summit bldg? Bit of a hike from the Lodge - how's the route from there to the Talus? Mostly through parking lots and roads? I don't get a decent feel for the distance from the village street map. I do like the location next to the Swift and Ramcharger lifts. Will the room be set up with chairs & tables? To seat how many?

So, bottom line, is it a reasonable walk (<5 min) if I planned on walking from the Lodge and boot up at the Talus?
@Catskill carver @Talisman @Skisailor
Any thoughts on this?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Talus room is sweet bootup room, having had many a meeting there. Located on Main floor of the Summit past the Huntley restaurant as I recall.
Restrooms and bar within shouting distance with the carabiner restaurant down the hall.
Summit foyer is a great place to network and get ready for the day or wind down and plan your evenings excursion :D
As close to the ram charger and swiftly as your going to get - Score !

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Inquiring people will want to know the best strategy for getting from the Lodge at Big Sky to the Talus Room without having to take that 10 minute walk. Yeah, I know: lazy/first world problem.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@bbinder - it should hardly a 5 minute walk from door to door straight up through the Huntley.
Base area is super friendly to navigate after the first day and the shuttle- aka the train comes by every few minutes from day parking - perhaps walking away from the hotel to the day lot and grab the first shuttle stop
I would be surprised if the lodge didn’t have its own shuttle and best of all the snow is good enough to ski back to the parking area at the moment.
If not at the summit or Huntley I would boot up before leaving my room - just my .02

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
I'm in $$ sent

giphy.gif

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Inquiring people will want to know the best strategy for getting from the Lodge at Big Sky to the Talus Room without having to take that 10 minute walk. Yeah, I know: lazy/first world problem.

Simple - get s room at The Summit.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Money sent. We're only there for the first 3 days, so we'll miss the first 2 days of the private room, but happy to help support the cause. I may have missed it, but do we have a meeting spot for the 24th and 25th? We're also skiing the 22nd and 23rd, so if anyone is around and wants to meet up, let us know.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Okay folks we're close, really close to paying for the room.
If we happen to go over on donations, we'll set it aside for future Gathering Rooms.

The person I'm talking to at Big Sky has amended the room location.
We will have the Talus room on the 26th, but will be moved to the Cheyenne Room in Huntley for the remaining days.

Thanks all. I think this is a great way to go.
Thanks to @AmyPJ for giving us the idea last year at Snowbasin.

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Okay folks we're close, really close to paying for the room.
If we happen to go over on donations, we'll set it aside for future Gathering Rooms.

Thanks all. I think this is a great way to go.
Thanks to @AmyPJ for giving us the idea last year at Snowbasin.
So don't stop now!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I sure wish I could be attending and pitching in my own share!
That being said, I'm glad it worked out last year-you are so welcome! And let's not forget our silent donor last year who made it all that much easier for us.

Those who are going--it's well WELL worth the cost.

Shifterkart

Putting on skis
Skier
The person I'm talking to at Big Sky has amended the room location.
We will have the Talus room on the 26th, but will be moved to the Cheyenne Room in Huntley for the remaining days.

OK, is this correct? Try to keep up with the changes.

24 Mammoth Room (Mountain Mall)
25 Mammoth Room (Mountain Mall)
26 Talus Room (Summit)
27 Cheyenne (Huntley Lodge)
28 Cheyenne (Huntley Lodge)
1 Cheyenne (Huntley Lodge)
2 Cheyenne (Huntley Lodge)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
OK, is this correct? Try to keep up with the changes.

24 Mammoth Room (Mountain Mall)
25 Mammoth Room (Mountain Mall)
26 Talus Room (Summit)
27 Cheyenne (Huntley Lodge)
28 Cheyenne (Huntley Lodge)
1 Cheyenne (Huntley Lodge)
2 Cheyenne (Huntley Lodge)
Yes!! Exactly!

Sponsor

Staff online