• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This has been edited to change the dates and number of days.
We have been diligently working on getting a meeting room at Big Sky like we had at Snowbasin last year.
We finally got an answer and this is what it boils down to.

The Talus room is available for February , 26, 27, 28, as well as March 1st and 2nd, but not the 24th and 25th.
The cost is $200.00/day

If we can get enough donations to cover the $1,000.00 we will get the room for all dates available.
We will absolutely get the room for the first day February 23.
The room will not be available for the first day, February 24th, so we will need to meet in the Mammoth room. Details will be posted in the Gathering thread.

Edit: Changed the dates and added the extra day.

Last edited:

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Where do I send a check?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If everyone can cover $25-30/pp we can get the room for the 4 days. Paypal works...check...

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I really like the idea of a morning meetup and especially somewhere to leave bags etc. The check is in the mail!

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Unfortunately not going to the Gathering this year, but this is a no brainer for all attendees. It was so nice to have a meetup place to stow your gear and not worry about bringing it to a bag check or locker. Just do it.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We have been diligently working on getting a meeting room at Big Sky like we had at Snowbasin last year.

The Talus room is available for February 23, 26, 27, 28 but not the 24th and 25th.
The cost is $200.00/day

If we can get enough donations to cover the 800.00 we will get the room for all dates available.

Tricia, did I miss a date change? This first post of the main thread has the Gathering starting on the 24th. Is the 23rd for early arrivals?

https://www.pugski.com/threads/official-2019-big-sky-gathering-general-information.11443/

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
OK..we have someone who will cover any shortage for the 4 days. So Paypal $25.00/pp (or more) to
. (EDIT: didn't think through ;)

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
About time they got back with you !
Everyone should know that was down from the original 1-2k they started at - way to go @Tricia !!!
Well, I think they felt bad that they dropped the ball on getting back with me, so they're giving us a huge break in the price.
From her email:
The rental fee is typically $1500 per day, but I can lower this to $200.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia, did I miss a date change? This first post of the main thread has the Gathering starting on the 24th. Is the 23rd for early arrivals?

https://www.pugski.com/threads/official-2019-big-sky-gathering-general-information.11443/
I may have messed up the dates with them because I was thinking of the date I'm checking in.
I'll double check the dates with her when I contact her tomorrow.

Unfortunately, this means that we won't have a private room the first two days of the Gathering :(

Last edited:

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I may have messed up the dates with them because I was thinking of the date I'm checking in.
I'll double check the dates with her when I contact her tomorrow.

Unfortunately, this means that we won't have a private room the first two days of the Gathering :(

It's no big deal on the dates. I was just curious if there were going to be official activities on the 23rd.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It's no big deal on the dates. I was just curious if there were going to be official activities on the 23rd.
Thanks for pointing it out. I needed to get it clear with BigSky.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This has been edited to change the dates and number of days.

The Talus room is available for February , 26, 27, 28, as well as March 1st and 2nd, but not the 24th and 25th.
The cost is $200.00/day

If we can get enough donations to cover the $1,000.00 we will get the room for all dates available.
The room will not be available for the first day, February 24th, so we will need to meet in the Mammoth room. Details will be posted in the Gathering thread.

Edit: Changed the dates and added the extra day.
I have edited the original post to reflect the date changes and added an extra day.
@PisteOff this is where the info is on the room.

Thank you all for working with us on this and keeping me on my toes.