• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Choucas

Getting off the lift
Skier
I'm headed to Cortina a week from today. Spending 3 nights there and then moving on to Corvara for next 4 nights. I've done a rifugio to rifugio trip south to north across the Dolomites (Passo Rolle to Sexten) using lifts where available and hiking (climbing skins) when necessary. Plus three other weeks in the Dolomites, one based out of Castelrotto, another out of Colfosco and another out of Corvara. The first trip was guided. The rest we did on our own. I have hired guides for a few day trips along the way to access off piste. I've skied most of the major resorts in the alps and have alpine toured annually since the early 80's. When I get the chance, I'll always pick the Dolomites. Hard not to have a good time there.

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
headed to Cortina a week from today. Spending 3 nights there and then moving on to Corvara for next 4 nights
Looking forward to the TR. Don’t forget to sprinkle with photos.

TS
karlo

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
This one at Cortina is black. Sorry, no photo of the piste itself. It wasn't a terribly difficult black.

Cortina 4.jpg
This Instagram post popped up and the run looked awe fully familiar.
It’s the one! Rewinding to the beginning, the 51 marker is clearly there. I like the little graphs that show position on trail, slope, and speed.

@Choucas, check it out.

Choucas

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yes, that looks familiar. Only difference is that I skied it in a white out while following my 2 sons who only have one speed and don't stop until they run out of hill. I liked your version better. This time I got the chance to take in the view.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
OMG that meat and cheese plate looks awesome ! Some good bread and a good beer to wash it all down and Life is Good ! I go with 2 pals every year to Europe skiing and we always feast in such dishes. My wife says I send her more photos of what I’m eating vs pics of me skiing. A man’s gotta eat !

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Nice trip report. It has brought back to mind fantastic memories. Been going there to ski each year since I was a child, until 2005.
Not to do ski safaris, of course, but used to ski all around there, being based in the Alta Basis valley, precisely in the little village of Colorado.

Sponsor

Staff online