• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
screenshot_20180403-171758-2-png.43311

screenshot_20180403-172250-2-png.43312

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Below are the rates for this past season at Mt. Baker. Next season will probably be higher by a bit, like always, but Baker is a quirky company and they won't have their season passes for sale until next fall. While their prices tend to be on the low end, they don't give deals of any kind except for $30 off each pass when you buy 3 or more. They are not affiliated with anyone else.

I already bought my pass for Stevens Pass for next year. They aggressively push spring pass sales, unlike Baker. I'm at under $10 per day at Baker, a bit more at Stevens this year.

Mt. Baker 2017-2018 Season Pass Rates
2017-2018 REGULAR RATES
Nov. 5, 2017 - Apr 2018
All Pricing Below Includes 7.9% WSST

Adult
18 & UP
$790

College
Full Time Student*
$685

Young Adult
16 - 17
$525

Youth
13 - 15
$315

Child
7 - 12
$240

Senior
60 - 69
$495

Super Senior
70+
$155

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Sierra Tahoe has a $155 Super Senior pass that includes 3 days each at 19 other Powder Alliance resorts.
most are in PNW or W. Canada. Too bad they are furthest Tahoe area from my house.

Sugar Bowl has same but don't know SS price.

This year Diamond Peak had a $119 SS seasons pass if you bought it early last year. Not sure if it repeats for next year.
I've used it for 1 hour so far. Comes with 4 free days at Homewood (closes in 5 days-got to get there once.)
and 4 days at Boreal.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Over 80, $199. Must see customer service for it. Ikon/Tremblant is stating that the Ikon base is only $60 more than last year's senior pass. But like Tricia said before, a lot of seniors don't travel and won't use the other resorts. Tonik senior is $ 379 vs $ 449 for regular. But the Tonik isn't unlimited. It's a non holiday pass, where they had an unlimited pass for seniors before.

Willy

aka Goldmember
Industry Insider
  • Does your mountain have a senior pass? - Yes
  • How old do you have to be? - 80
  • How much is it? - $29 Early bird discount (Regular $39)

SkiBam

Putting on skis
Skier
Over 80, $199. Must see customer service for it. Ikon/Tremblant is stating that the Ikon base is only $60 more than last year's senior pass. But like Tricia said before, a lot of seniors don't travel and won't use the other resorts. Tonik senior is $ 379 vs $ 449 for regular. But the Tonik isn't unlimited. It's a non holiday pass, where they had an unlimited pass for seniors before.

And this senior (me) is certainly NOT going to pay "only $60 more" for an Ikon pass - when I don't plan to ski elsewhere. I'll have to make do with the senior Tonik pass - they've added two days to the schedule, plus three flex days (to be used any time) so I guess I can work with this. I'm just plain unlucky as I'm a shade too young to get the real deals. And I'm sure that by the time I reach any magic age, it will be raised again. Still, I suppose I should be happy that at my age I'm able to ski as much and like I do. So I should really stop grumbling. It's just if they send me one more email telling me how wonderful the Ikon pass is (and it is for many, but not for me), I'll scream!

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Valley does not have a senior pass, although they do have a senior rate for day tickets. Pass price is among the most expensive in the country.

The saying is that if they gave a pass discount to seniors, they would go broke.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
@PinnacleJim - Thanks for finding and posting that, but while the Senior KBA is currently $50 less than the Summit Value, it is not exactly the same pass. Summit Local is unrestricted at Keystone and A-Basin, but is blacked out at Breckenridge on some days. Senior KBA is unlimited at Keystone, Breck and A-Basin, but does not appear to be valid at any other Vail resort. Summit Local also gives you discounts on the insane day ticket prices at other Vail resorts.

Last edited:

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
Killington saves seniors 65-79 about $400 depending on how late or early you buy an unlimited season pass. Super seniors 80+ are only $59! No discount for age with a mid-week pass, which still saves a senior about 50-110 over an unlimited pass.

I need to get my regular unlimited pass for $939 before June 14. A senior would pay $569.

The current delta $ between the Killington Unlimited and the Midweek is $50 (early buy) which makes getting the Midweek just silly. The ability to ski on a weekend if the snow is good and the crowds light (think Sunday afternoon) plus the other benefits like discounts, 2 free gondola tickets for friends, etc, easily are worth that. Before this season, the delta was more like $300 which made the choice of the Unlimited a much harder decision unless you regularly skied weekends.

The northeast bargain for senior skiers (65+) is the Sugarbush "Boomer" pass at $129 good midweek non-holiday.. Okemo has a Super Senior (70+) midweek pass for $259. I don't understand why Killlington doesn't offer something similar.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Sierra Tahoe has a $155 Super Senior pass that includes 3 days each at 19 other Powder Alliance resorts.
most are in PNW or W. Canada. Too bad they are furthest Tahoe area from my house.
Sorry John, but have to correct this. From Grass Valley, Kirkwood (which I think most people consider a Tahoe area) is about 30 miles and minutes further than Sierra, although shortest route in miles and requires taking curvy Highway 49 from Auburn to Placerville. If you only go to gondola at Heavenly, it's about the same as Sierra from Grass Valley and other Heavenly bases are farther. (all times and distances found using Google Maps)

It says $149 at https://www.sierraattahoe.com/season-passes/ which sounds like a deal to get Powder Alliance benefits, but I'm not yet a regular senior (except at Mt Baker) and have a long way to being a Super Senior.

This year Diamond Peak had a $119 SS seasons pass if you bought it early last year. Not sure if it repeats for next year.
I've used it for 1 hour so far. Comes with 4 free days at Homewood (closes in 5 days-got to get there once.)
and 4 days at Boreal.
I posted current pass prices (with links) for Diamond Peak on page 1 while correcting somebody else.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
@PinnacleJim - Thanks for finding and posting that, but while the Senior KBA is currently $50 less than the Summit Value, it is not exactly the same pass. Summit Local is unrestricted at Keystone and A-Basin, but is blacked out at Breckenridge on some days. Senior KBA is unlimited at Keystone, Breck and A-Basin, but does not appear to be valid at any other Vail resort. Summit Local also gives you discounts on the insane day ticket prices at other Vail resorts.

Don't understand your point. Yes, it is SLIGHTLY different (actually better because of no Breck blackouts). But why would someone who wanted to ski Vail or some of the other resorts get a Summit Local or Senior KBA? They would upgrade to an Epic Local or full Epic. Both the Summit Local and Senior KBA are for those only interested in the three Summit resorts.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Would be interesting to see a graph on skier age demographics. Suspect some specific resorts catering to the more wealthy are aware there are increasing numbers of older skiers that have skied over decades, especially now skiing mid weeks, and see them as a revenue source. But for less up scale average resorts, getting average 65+ year-olds living off Social Security to ski can't be too expensive without breaking their budgets.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Mt Hood Meadows: 75+ = FREE; 65-74 = $289 ; 25-64 = $399 (Value pass, weekdays, non-holiday)

FUSION PASS (Mt Hood Skibowl and Timberline Lodge): 70+ = $50; 65-70 = $269; 25-64 = $549

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Not exactly correct as not only do you have to be a resident, but you need to be a IVGID Picture Passholder and then Diamond Peak pass is $109 for Senior (65-69), $29 for Super Sr. (70-79) and Free for over 80. Otherwise passes are $159 for Senior (65-69), $139 for Super Sr. (70-79) and also Free for over 80.

I think the only discount listed on Vail Pass pages is $80 off the Tahoe Value Pass for being 65+. Somebody on Pugski said there is a similar discount on Summit Value Pass (CO), but it is not listed at https://www.epicpass.com/passes/summit-value-pass.aspx

Yeah, i forgot about that Tony, the picture pass also lets you get a day ticket for $25. Of course there may be a senior discount but on the other hand we IVGID taxpayers are also subsidizing DP to the tune of $2m + per year :( They should be giving us a free pass! So in 10+ years here i have only skied there once!!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
My little bump, 49* North, up out of Spokane has moved their Seniors pass up to $239. There are a fair number of reciprocal days with other areas around the region though. Even get a 10% discount on way too expensive food.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid