• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I brought this up in the Pass Migration thread.

The biggest complaint I've heard about IKON is that the mountains that are owned by Alterra, like Mammoth, Steamboat and Squaw, no longer have a Senior Pass option.
These seniors are pissed. Many of whom are not likely to venture to the other resorts and have grown accustomed to a 300.00 or 400.00 pass for unlimited skiing and now have to pay 899.00.

The mountains that are not under Alterra management but have a pass relationship under IKON still have their other pass options, including senior pass.
  • Does your mountain have a senior pass?
  • How old do you have to be?
  • How much is it?

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Not my area specifically but I can totally see what commercially is happening. The drive with Ikon is to have a simplified pass product not allow lots of people to play arbitrage between different options. I also suspect that they have enough data on "loyal" seniors to know that even at full ticket they aren't pricing people out and in fact are pricing more fairly to some of their higher users.

I fully expect to never hit the magic age where I get significant senior bens anyway - I suspect that ages are raised so that full bens are harder to hit.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Big Sky gives seniors $100 off of a season pass of which there are many options, but not really a "senior pass."

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bristol has a senior rate. Last year it was 65+, now it's 2 tiered: 65-69 and 70+. The 65-69 is only $10 more, so not a big deal! Unlike the regular pass where the second person in the family gets a better rate, there's no deal for the spouse/SO, but we still save about $200.00. Hey, we're retired so I'll take it!

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Diamond peak still has a senior pass. $125 for 65-69 residents. I believe at70 + it drops to something like $40 for residents

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Crystal Mt. WA. 70+
early rate $339

Stevens Pass WA 70+
early rate about $100 [Sold out]

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
Whistler @ 65 is 859 Canadian (under 650 US)
@ 75 is 179 Canadian or about a buck and a half US

Last edited:

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Diamond peak still has a senior pass. $125 for 65-69 residents. I believe at70 + it drops to something like $40 for residents
Not exactly correct as not only do you have to be a resident, but you need to be a IVGID Picture Passholder and then Diamond Peak pass is $109 for Senior (65-69), $29 for Super Sr. (70-79) and Free for over 80. Otherwise passes are $159 for Senior (65-69), $139 for Super Sr. (70-79) and also Free for over 80.

I think the only discount listed on Vail Pass pages is $80 off the Tahoe Value Pass for being 65+. Somebody on Pugski said there is a similar discount on Summit Value Pass (CO), but it is not listed at https://www.epicpass.com/passes/summit-value-pass.aspx

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
I've been using a senior pass at Granby Ranch the past two seasons. For 70+ it is $59. For 60-69 I paid $289 last fall. It's cheaper if you buy it earlier. Last week I looked online and it was $209, so I'd better hurry, before it starts bumping up over the summer. I think for 80+ it might be free, but that's too far out for me to worry about for a while.

The first year I bought one of their passes, I was actually there on Memorial Day weekend with a daughter and her family, riding the lift to look at the scenery. When I bought the tickets for the lift ride, I asked them about senior pass availability and they told me it was $59. I already knew that the $59 was for 70+ and I told them I was 65. They told me that for my age it was $249 at the time, but they'd sell me the other one anyway, so I bought it for $59 on the spot. Before going in there that day, I was still contemplating a 5-pass for Winter Park during their Labor Day sale.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
IIRC, Taos senior pass for next season was going for $350.

SENIOR PASS
All access pass for ages 65 to 79. No blackout dates. Pays for itself in 4 visits

Benefits:
• TBD amount of Buddy Passes for the 2018/19 season (valid for 50% off lift tickets, passholder must be present)
• Mountain Collective Reciprocity Upgrade ($100): Receive 50% off lift tickets at Mountain Collective Resorts
• 3 Days at Arapahoe Basin
• 3 Days at Copper Mountain

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Killington saves seniors 65-79 about $400 depending on how late or early you buy an unlimited season pass. Super seniors 80+ are only $59! No discount for age with a mid-week pass, which still saves a senior about 50-110 over an unlimited pass.

I need to get my regular unlimited pass for $939 before June 14. A senior would pay $569.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tremblant is offering an Ikon senior at 80. The Tonik has a lower age brasked. @SkiBam has better understanding of it than I.
I didn't think IKON had a senior option.

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
I'm a senior and take every benefit offered to me, but...

I don't understand why senior discounts are offered. I'm sure a few oldsters are on a tight budget, but many more young families are on tighter budgets. The younger skiers are needed for the future of the sport. How about a kids & parents discount?

The silliest senior discount I've seen is the $1 bus fare between Vail & Beaver Creek vs. the $7 regular fare. No skier going between Vail & Beaver Creek needs a discount.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
MCP offers no senior discount but I have in the past bought 50% off seniors day rate for extra MCP days at JH and Snowmass.

With the Max Pass Add-on, Cypress Mtn., North Vancouver, B.C. offered a very low seniors pass price in CDN $ of course and when combined with the add on fee came to less than $500US, when I had one in 2016. I skied 6 Max Pass resorts that year, but never made it to Cypress to use my seniors pass.

Whitefish=free at age 70.(I just turned the free ski age today:yahoo:) @Sibhusky, see you and ski with you for part of the 2019 season.:thumb:
Red Mtn., B.C.=free at age 75
Whitewater, B.C.=free at age 75

Sun peaks senior pass (age 65+) is about $300 off the $1299CDN adult price.

Sponsor

Staff online