• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

brucen46

Booting up
Skier
I'm looking to get a new pair of ski boots properly fitted. I'm not quite a beginner, but not a fully fledged intermediate as well.

i came across this boot fitting place near Montreal:

http://montsutton.com/en/services/ski-shop/bootfitting/

Here's the video in the link. What do you guys think? Is it legit?

They also apparently use something called BootDoc to analyze your feet.

https://www.boot-doc.com/en/product...etry-boot-fitting/analysis-systems-56x38.html

Should I go there, or is there a better place to go to?

Thanks.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I have a friend that will be starting next week working at Sutton....not in the shop though. She was told to leave her Salomon's at home. So it might depend on what boot fits your foot. From the video they carry Fisher and Rossi.

Do you ski Sutton a lot? Because your boots might need to be tweaked and it would be easier there, than in Montreal.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm looking to get a new pair of ski boots properly fitted. I'm not quite a beginner, but not a fully fledged intermediate as well.

https://www.boot-doc.com/en/product...etry-boot-fitting/analysis-systems-56x38.html

Thanks.
They have got the tools, which is a great place to start. I would say that is a good place to go for your boots. I think the shop is legit.

TS
B

brucen46

Booting up
Skier
I have a friend that will be starting next week working at Sutton....not in the shop though. She was told to leave her Salomon's at home. So it might depend on what boot fits your foot. From the video they carry Fisher and Rossi.

Do you ski Sutton a lot? Because your boots might need to be tweaked and it would be easier there, than in Montreal.

I've only skied there once and I rented boots then. That's a shame they don't have Salomon, I was kinda partial to them, but I suppose whatever fits best is most important. If I get the boot fitting done there does it mean I get some kinda of discount if I buy from them? Otherwise I could get the brand and sizing and buy somewhere else, no?

jzmtl

Intermidiot
Skier
I've been there a few times too and have sent others there, the owner strikes me as someone who really knows what he's talking about/doing.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I've only skied there once and I rented boots then. That's a shame they don't have Salomon, I was kinda partial to them, but I suppose whatever fits best is most important. If I get the boot fitting done there does it mean I get some kinda of discount if I buy from them? Otherwise I could get the brand and sizing and buy somewhere else, no?

What you will get included in the price of the boot is free boot fitting. And what Jilly alluded to, if you buy from an on mountain shop, you can ski in the boots and if there are pressure points or other problems you go back to the shop and get adjustments. Then you go right back out skiing and find out if things have improved. If no improvement you can go right back to the shop and get further tweaks.

So, buying from a on mountain ski shop where you normally ski is the ideal situation but this does not always work for all skiers due to where they live and where they ski.

TPJ

Like PBJ, but not as ubiquitous!
Instructor
I don't like the idea of an employer telling someone to "leave their Salomons at home". I think anyone who isn't sponsored should use whatever gear makes them happy.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I don't like the idea of an employer telling someone to "leave their Salomons at home". I think anyone who isn't sponsored should use whatever gear makes them happy.

Well, if your employer tells you to leave your boots at home, they aren't expecting you to ski in bare feet so they must be providing a brand of boot for you to ski in that they prefer. In other words, it sounds like the employer is the sponsor.:yahoo:

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
All I can about the shop is that it's a far cry from the Sport Expert is was before. As for my friend....she doesn't care. And she didn't pay from the last pair of Solly's. She was working at a ski shop in the flat lands of Ontario. She actually needs a better ski than the pair she had.

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
All I can about the shop is that it's a far cry from the Sport Expert is was before. As for my friend....she doesn't care. And she didn't pay from the last pair of Solly's. She was working at a ski shop in the flat lands of Ontario. She actually needs a better ski than the pair she had.
Can you clarify, are they actually making her buy new boots or skis?

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
They told her NOT to bring her Salomon skis. She will be working and wearing a Sutton uniform. My understanding is that you wear/use stuff that is available at the store to promote said store.

It's really a small place. I'm trying to think if there is another ski shop in town.

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
They told her NOT to bring her Salomon skis. She will be working and wearing a Sutton uniform. My understanding is that you wear/use stuff that is available at the store to promote said store.

It's really a small place. I'm trying to think if there is another ski shop in town.
As long as they are providing gear, cool!

jzmtl

Intermidiot
Skier
Never heard of any hill provides gear, the most you'll get is a moderate discount at the shop.

TPJ

Like PBJ, but not as ubiquitous!
Instructor
I get provided a uniform. I'm expected to provide my own gear. I actually have a special relationship with a ski shop and get provided a lot of gear which I happily and gratefully make use of. I get to pick the gear and I'm not "required" to use it, but why wouldn't I? It's the best gear out there! I wouldn't like it at all if I was required to use gear that I didn't select! Especially boots!

I just got an all new uniform this season and so far am very happy with the quality of the Goretex shells and the puffy insulating layers, I wear their stuff as much as possible to keep from wearing my stuff out. :yahoo:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Thanks.

Looks awesome. I would go there for sure.

Sponsor

Staff online