• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Does Pugski sponsor Pirates? (Maybe we should)

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Sandpoint is a ski town at the foot of Schweitzer ski area in North Idaho. Like all mountain towns there is a lot of poverty hiding around the fringes. Captain Dan is my new hero, going to track him down and see what can be done to help him. He is giving some lifetime moments to a lot of kids. https://www.bonnercountydailybee.com/local_news/20160906/a_pirates_life_for_thee

Who else has worthy people in their part of the world? Share them please; what else do we have to do that is more important this summer

ARRR!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
That's really neat. The world needs a lot more of that right now!
Will be passing through that area to Priest Lake in a week!

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Many of you might remember Rick Meagher who played for the St. Louis Blues. His charity built something similar here, but on land as a play structure. Except this structure is handicap accessible. Rick's goddaughter is in a wheelchair and she was being left out because of the accessibility. His charity has also built a play structure with surface in another park in town. Rick's originally from my home town, so giving back!!

More on our skiing theme. "Teens of Edge" is a charity in Orillia, Ontario. They work out of the Youth Centre. The idea is to get kids skiing and off the streets. Hopefully making them better citizens. They accept good used equipment, clothes etc. Only a few are accepted each year as there is only so much equipment. I sent my Attraxion 8's up years ago. The next season, the young lady who got them to use, got her CSIA L1. She is now teaching with the group. They get free passes from one the Barrie area hills. But the certified instructors are expected to help out there. All members are expected to help fund raise to pay for equipment needed and buses. Most of these kids are teenagers and not driving yet. Looks like they have lots of fun and that's what it's all about really!!