• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Does 3 cm make a difference in performance?

TS
jcat

jcat

Booting up
Skier
Hmmm. Well, I went with the Genesis 164 because of price and pretty graphics. That's enough, right? ;) But no, I'm sure either ski would work out for me, but I decided to take on a bit more rocker, and if it skis too short, well...I'll sell them. Who knows, maybe I'll find my sweet spot in these skis!

And, men, don't worry....3cm does not make a difference. Now, if we're talking width, then....;) Haha...thanks everyone.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmmm. Well, I went with the Genesis 164 because of price and pretty graphics. That's enough, right? ;) But no, I'm sure either ski would work out for me, but I decided to take on a bit more rocker, and if it skis too short, well...I'll sell them. Who knows, maybe I'll find my sweet spot in these skis!

And, men, don't worry....3cm does not make a difference. Now, if we're talking width, then....;) Haha...thanks everyone.

Given @Jerez comments you'll likely love the choice other than the wait. I'm presuming you're stateside

TS
jcat

jcat

Booting up
Skier
Yes! What 'wait' do you mean, Pete?

TS
jcat

jcat

Booting up
Skier
What?? Thoroughly confused. Am I being slow...?

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry for late reply. Will answer anyhow in case anyone else is following.

167 is the perfect length for me. I am an old lady, but would say I can go faster than most women my age or younger. I have definitely had them up to "speed." That said, I also enjoy a ski that doesn't demand speed in order to get performance for days I just want to play. I will say that if I had to complain about anything in the Envy it is that the bamboo core sounds sort of hollow over rough, hard snow. That doesn't mean it isn't stable, it just sounds like it wouldn't be. It took me a few days to get used to that. So perhaps the carbon in the Genesis would eliminate that perceived chatter.

Good luck with the Genesis. Let us know come November/December how they work out!

TS
jcat

jcat

Booting up
Skier
Jerez, thank you for that, and for your previous info! It was so helpful to hear from a skier who is similar to me, skiing on skis I'm looking to buy! Almost bought the Envys, then switched to the Genesis...We shall see! Interesting about the 'hollow' sound, but glad they've been a wonderful ski for you!! And the graphics on these are so pretty, aren't they! :) I will definitely report back on the Genesis, and I'm embarassed that I didn't get the joke at the end of this thread (though i can *imagine*...);). Thanks so much!

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
wait?

simply if your stateside you have to wait till fall, I suppose there are a few areas with snow but you noted too waiting.

ogsmile

Sponsor

Staff online