• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Do you think opposites attract?

For those of you who are married/partnered, are you:*

• Opposites attract in a lot of ways

• Somewhat opposites attract

• Mostly similar

• A clone of the other person

• Other (explain in the comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier
Feel free to share any interesting stories about ways you are opposites -- or ways you're eerily similar -- to your better half (or to your ex-half). Money, how you spend your free time, parenting style, time you spend online, etc. Or talk about couple friends or family who are opposites if you like.

:popcorn:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Other. Divorced from the opposite. Oil and water do NOT mix.
My opinion (now that I'm dating and have been seeing the same guy for 8 months) is that the oil and water mix has to be complimentary. Maybe more like oil and vinegar? Has to be the right blend. Throw in some salt, pepper, and herbs or sweetness, and it tosses well with the salad of life

How's THAT for a cheesy metaphor?!

dlague

Waitin' for Wintah
Skier
I am Type B and she is Type A. But I use that loosely, There are tendencies when we are both types. Both come from decent size families so that works well. We both like to get out and do stuff, and I was able to shape her into a decent skier that is willing to get out there 40-50 days from a person that did not ski at all. That seals the deal right there! Spontaneity is key to this relationship. I am the oldest sibling and she is the youngest sibling.

BTW, this is my second time around. My ex was from a small family and that did not fit my family dynamic. She was more of a home body and I liked to get out more. I actually got away from skiing while with her and returned to the sport when our child turn 3 - then I got the bug back - she was not interested. She thought the risk of the sport was to dangerous - pfff! That was the problem - she was very calculated. Spontaneity - was not in the cards. We were both the oldest among our siblings.

Last wife - was too opposite. Current wife somewhat opposite.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We are similar in the basics, but I am an oldest child and he is the baby, which you can see in some ways. I am much higher maintenance (read stressed out and tense) and he is much more laid back, to the point where it can be frustrating for me, but stressful for him if I'm frustrated.

I use the old Looney Tunes cartoon with Spike the bulldog and Chester the terrier as an example:

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yes. Used to be married to my opposite.

Now am engaged to my soul mate. In many ways we are like the same person.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
A couple years ago we spent the day with my ex and his woman and then it became clear that he and I were so opposite it wasn't even funny. I wanted to throttle him after spending the day with him. How the hell did I spend 7 years with him. My guy now and I are coming up on our 7 year anniversary and while we do have our differences we are good for each other and we have lots of common ground.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I think that a successful partnership requires people to have similar core values. Opposite hobbies, personality traits and temperament can work just fine.

This is The Wife and I in a nutshell. Often times we want to get to the same result but take different paths. Mine is littered with beer cans, bourbon bottles and curse words. Hers not so much although she is handy with the F-bomb.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
It is all in the opposites. My wife is as different in many regards as it is possible to be. Skier and a non. Water lover and a dry lander. A mountain guy and a flatland woman.

After 41 years we are a lot alike in many ways too.

Ying and yang perhaps?

Sponsor

Staff online