• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
I had that Skiathalm or however it was spelled. Had to send it in for service and got a new one back. The big buttons were for stopwatch operation. When I nearly dropped my iPhone while on a lift, I got an iWatch so I can keep the phone in a pocket. However, if my finger is too cold, it doesn't let me activate for answering calls.
Get a glove liner with touch screen tips or even a glove. There’s a lot of them now.

L&AirC

PSIA Instructor and USSA Coach
Skier
I use this ... Dakota hanging clip-on sport watch. What's essential when selecting a clip-on watch is that the clip that holds it in place is firmly attached to the watch (so it won't fall off into the snow), and that the watch hangs with its face upside down (so you can glance down onto your jacket where it's clipped and read it without touching it). Nothing fancy at all, easy to find online, inexpensive, and it shows me the time with no struggle to find it under a sleeve. That's all I need.

View attachment 64193

Ditto. I have the same one and same color. Works great for coaching. Whether it’s making sure we are at the start on time or the athletes are in for one of their breaks, works wonderfully. I found it on amazon for short money. It’s funny how the prices vary based on color.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
My ski watch is the local lifties. They let me know when the chair is open by starting to load skiers. This is the start of the day. Then sometime later in the day they tell me I can't go up no more. This is the end of the day.
Did I miss something?! :huh:

rustypouch

Getting on the lift
Skier
My ski watch is the local lifties. They let me know when the chair is open by starting to load skiers. This is the start of the day. Then sometime later in the day they tell me I can't go up no more. This is the end of the day.
Did I miss something?! :huh:

Yep. Some of us have other responsibilities besides ourselves. In particular, making sure our students are back at the appropriate time, and that we're around for the start of our next lesson.

Sponsor

Staff online