• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
VancitySkier127

VancitySkier127

Booting up
Skier
Wow didn't know people enjoyed skiing alone that much. I don't know I find that it's nice to have a buddy at least to enjoy the company. But then again I guess you do have more freedom on your own depending on each others experience.

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
My wife and I go to resort together, and even ride the lift up together, hut we both ski alone.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow didn't know people enjoyed skiing alone that much. I don't know I find that it's nice to have a buddy at least to enjoy the company. But then again I guess you do have more freedom on your own depending on each others experience.

For me it’s not about choosing to ski alone over skiing with friends (most of the time) but rather that I love skiing so much that I will do it whether or not I have a friend to do it with on that particular day.

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
I ski alone, yeah
With nobody else
I ski alone, yeah
With nobody else
Yeah, you know when I ski alone
I prefer to be by myself

Now every morning just after breakfast
I don't want no coffee or tea
Just me and nice cold snow
That's all I ever need
'Cause I ski alone, yeah
With nobody else
I prefer to be by myself

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I think most of us ski alone from time to time. Before I was married, I skied alone all the time because I didn't know anyone in San Diego who skied. Now, I ski with my hubby, but sometimes we split up for awhile because he likes to ski more challenging terrain than I do.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I ski alone often. Nobody I know (outside of my family) is nearly as into skiing as I am so even if we ski together we really don't. There's usually a lot of "I'll meet you at the chair" and often "I'll meet you later."

I ski alone, yeah
With nobody else
I ski alone, yeah
With nobody else
I prefer to be by myself

Now every morning just after breakfast
I don't want no coffee or tea
Just me and nice cold snow
That's all I ever need
'Cause I ski alone, yeah
With nobody else
I prefer to be by myself

This will probably pop into my head next time I'm skiing.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I like skiing alone occasionally. That's when I do my best skiing, dropping cliffs, and killing the mogul fields. I stand by that statement because no one was there to say otherwise. When I ski with people I don't ski nearly as well.;)

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
I ski alone on groomer days and like to brush up on technique and do some drills and ski a certain way. Sometimes I even take a 3x5 card of tips and refer to list on chair up and then go do. Enjoy skiing by myself on groomer days.

I ski off piste, in the trees and powder and like to have a partner then. My main problem in skiing with buds is that at 76yrs I poop out quicker then they do. My biggest problem in skiing with others is sometimes they refuse to admit the snow sucks and continue to ski off piste anyway. I don't like to ski down slopes off piste with bad snow and will go back to groomers then. Friends that don't like to ski groomers so they will ski off piste in terrible snow, this is not for me and I end up on these occasional days skiing alone.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I like skiing alone occasionally. That's when I do my best skiing, dropping cliffs, and killing the mogul fields. I stand by that statement because no one was there to say otherwise. When I ski with people I don't ski nearly as well.;)
I ski like Candide Thovex when nobody is watching but if anyone is it's more like candid camera:crash:

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Up till a couple years ago when I got my girlfriend (now wife) back in to skiing, I skied alone pretty much 100% of the time. I still don't have skiing friends outside of my wife, parents, sister, and fellow patrollers. So if none of them are on the slopes on a given day, I ski alone. I honestly don't mind it too much, I get to ski whereever I please and don't have to select a route down prior to starting. I can just go where my skis take me and enjoy the ride.

Beartown

Chasing the dragon
Skier
I ski alone almost exclusively. I take 3-4 weeklong trips by myself every year. My non-skiing wife will come along for a trip or two, but she does her own thing while I ski all day. I do really enjoy skiing with my buddies (usually one week a year), but I get a lot less "skiing" done in a group. Between losing somebody, having to "decide" what run to take, hour-long lunches, bathroom breaks, etc I just get so many fewer runs in during a day. I'm not a "vert nazi" but most of my group days run about 20,000 vertical feet (depending on terrain). My solo days (which are mostly off-piste/trees/bumps mixed with the odd corduroy rip session) generally run >30,000 with the occasional 40-45,000 foot day. Solo and group are both fun, just in different ways.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I love to ski alone but unfortunately there are often other people on the mountain :cool: :daffy:
Group skiing is not for me, way too much drama. But sometimes the company of one or two folks of similar mindset and ability can
be fun. Weekend skiing is not even a consideration! :eek:

Sponsor

Staff online