• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dirty plugs

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My BIL has a "plow truck" of your type and vintage. IIRC, he has the same thing going on in just one cylinder, and it's a known thing among the Ford experts.

But I don't recall any more details, so the Ford Forum idea posted by @Tim Hodgson is probably your best bet to e-diagnose the problem in detail with a few key strokes!

In any event, at 40+ years old, a grizzly old indy mechanic is a much better bet than a dealership.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My BIL has a "plow truck" of your type and vintage. IIRC, he has the same thing going on in just one cylinder, and it's a known thing among the Ford experts.

For older Fords, "fill it with oil and check the gas" was a common joke back in the last century..

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
btw - last summer I took it to the Ford dealer and they were like "nobody here knows how to work on that".

Funny and I can relate. I have an ‘89 F250 with a 460 in it that I use as my firewood, mulch and trash truck. The dealers won’t touch it but the independent mechanic shops love working on that truck.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Any Value train noise? Oh and when's the last time that truck say 50mph. ;-)

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Incidentally, I replaced my laser iridium plugs at 90k miles and damn they look line brand new. Not quite but maybe 5k miles? Having said that it does idle smoother now. I was shocked how good they looked. $17 a plug but wow.

Sponsor