• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Did you know? (Random things in life)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
K2 was named for the two brothers, Bill and Don Kirschner, not the mountain.
The First huge women's ski line with K2 was called T9, which was for Title Nine, the Equality for Women in College Sports

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Howard Head originally wanted to have metal bases on his Head Skis. That didn't work out to well, but Head did.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Howard Head originally wanted to have metal bases on his Head Skis. That didn't work out to well, but Head did.
He also started the Prince Tennis Racket the first large face racket, for those not old enough to remember this fact. FWIW I think the Prince name came from a shortened version of Princeton NJ the location he was living at the time.

Uncle-A

Skier
Did you know that one out of seven men is color blind, but only one out of twenty six women is color blind. Proving once again that they are the stronger sex.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Did you know that one out of seven men is color blind, but only one out of twenty six women is color blind. Proving once again that they are the stronger sex.

Did you know that the mothers and daughters of those one in seven have an extra, variant receptor? It's the same one that is variant in the man, except they also have the usual three.

This means that some of them (mothers and daughters) can see more than three primary colours.

Except no one knows what that would actually look like. :eek:

Last edited:

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We work our fingers by remote control. The fingers are special, because there are no muscles inside the fingers. The muscles which bend the finger joints are located in the palm and up in the mid forearm, and are connected to the finger bones by tendons, which pull on and move the fingers like the strings of a marionette.

Uncle-A

Skier
Did you know the human head weighs eight pounds??
Just because they say it in the movies doesn't mean it is true, it may be true but do you really trust what comes out of Hollywood?

Uncle-A

Skier
Americans favorite ice cream topping is hot fudge 57%, caramel sauce 20%, butterscotch 5%, all others 18%. Combinations I like are hot fudge over chocolate marshmallow ice cream or hot fudge over black raspberry soft serve.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Britney Spears' Toxic was written about an Irish vet who has a Supervet tv show

Uncle-A

Skier
GE has invented a Smart Light Bulb that you can program and it has an app for your smart phone.

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just because they say it in the movies doesn't mean it is true, it may be true but do you really trust what comes out of Hollywood?
Did you know the human head weighs eight pounds??

The average adult human head weighs about 11lbs of which the brain comprises 3lbs. Of course the absence of a brain reduces the total to 8.;)

Sponsor