• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Did someone say switchbacks?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
you can just track hop around the turn........

Honestly skidding though these would be faster than this...

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
you can just track hop around the turn........

Honestly skidding though these would be faster than this...

Depending on the trail, if everyone was skidding we could have an erosion concern.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I wish I could maneuver my bike like this. I'd end up flat on my face.

Yeha the thing is you do not just go try this...

go find some flat grass and practice track standing, and then learning to move the rear and front wheel laterally while basically in place....your on flats there is basically no risk of injury trying this on grass.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Depending on the trail, if everyone was skidding we could have an erosion concern.

True but I am guess not many people ride these trails with switchbacks like that.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeha the thing is you do not just go try this...

go find some flat grass and practice track standing, and then learning to move the rear and front wheel laterally while basically in place....your on flats there is basically no risk of injury trying this on grass.
Dude, I'm 50. Any fall includes a larger risk of injury than in year's past, and the ramifications of those injuries are far greater, too. I've come to accept my "limitations" although I do sometimes find myself saying, "I wish I had taken up this sport in my 20s." (To be fair, I did try to, but a move to the MTB mecca of Ohio in 1998 squashed it.)

And honestly, I HATE falling. On skis, too. It tends to send me into a panic attack. Anyway, I marvel at people who can do that kind of stuff on their bikes. Good on 'em. I can't but I'm pretty happy with what I CAN do on a bike. :P

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Ohio is a mountain bike Mecca...

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
What part? I first rode Mohican state park in like 2004 i thunk