• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Developing High Edge Angles Video

James

Out There
Instructor
My husband was just telling me how nobody gets edge angles > 15 degrees. (Of course, he wasn't actually talking about racing ...) ... I'll have to send this to him :)
He's watching the wrong people on the slope or looking at the wrong place in the turn perhaps.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
He's watching the wrong people on the slope or looking at the wrong place in the turn perhaps.

Honestly, I think he was just trying to make me feel better about my edging ;-)

Willy

aka Goldmember
Industry Insider
My husband was just telling me how nobody gets edge angles > 15 degrees. (Of course, he wasn't actually talking about racing ...) ... I'll have to send this to him :)

Not my greatest picture and I'm also not a racer but, edge angles greater than 15*.

full

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Yes. He definitely wasn't talking about racers, but rather recreational skiing. That photo is insane. Talk about commitment to the turn.

yeah tons of rec skiers on hte high end get huge edge angles.

10174993_10153105061953357_415440510059457945_n.jpg

heck you can even do it on hard snow on fat rockered skis if you have outside ski balance and inside ski activity

64783_10152237094248357_468338762_n.jpg

dustyfog

Putting on skis
Skier
Skiing is beautiful (for recreation) why? This is why shown in two minutes of tripping on slopes: enjoy and Happy New Year all: style origins from across the pond

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Watching his skiing around 20-25 seconds, right after the slow motion, he is in the air in the first half of the turn, and thus is due to up unweighing.
Not a lot of control in the first half of the turn. If he instead flexed to release, his skis would be on the snow in the first half.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
He won't have to make recovery movements if he was flexed during transitions.

Bogatyr

Chasing the snow
Skier
Get some more tipping with the inside leg and you will have close to perfect high edge angles .

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I don't get the whole high edge angle thing. I've changed my skiing enough times over the years and at this point I have decided that how I ski is how I ski.

OK, enough of my mini rant - back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't get the whole high edge angle thing. I've changed my skiing enough times over the years and at this point I have decided that how I ski is how I ski.

OK, enough of my mini rant - back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Well it has been said that skiing is art not science.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
I like to tinker with different movements and every once in a while it ups my game.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
High edge angles, low edge angles, no edge angles... Gotta luv it all :)!