• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

musicmatters

Getting on the lift
Skier
anyone have any recommendations for some of the better Deer Valley instructors? Looking for someone to really focus on technique for an adult skier.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Is that your instructor? and have you tried others?

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
I had a great lesson with Lance Swedish (L3) two season ago .

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
anyone have any recommendations for some of the better Deer Valley instructors? Looking for someone to really focus on technique for an adult skier.

If you have the time and $$, I recommend the Mahre Camp. Three day session starts in a couple days, you might be able to sneak in. They are pretty technical.

Three day sessions:
December 13 - 15, 2019
January 10 - 12, 2020
January 31 - February 2, 2020
February 28 - March 1, 2020

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
being technical is good?

TS
musicmatters

musicmatters

Getting on the lift
Skier
I tried to sign up for the Mahre camp but they said they sold out in September!!! I booked a trip out there just to go to it, now I’m super bummed. I had no idea it sold out like that. (Couldn’t they sneak another guy in!?!?)

So now I’m weighing the option of either a full day private, or 2 x 1/2day private. It’s about the same price as Mahre would have been.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I'm pretty sure Rusty retired from Instructing.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
I tried to sign up for the Mahre camp but they said they sold out in September!!! I booked a trip out there just to go to it, now I’m super bummed. I had no idea it sold out like that. (Couldn’t they sneak another guy in!?!?)

So now I’m weighing the option of either a full day private, or 2 x 1/2day private. It’s about the same price as Mahre would have been.

You could try calling/begging again? Try to get on their waitlist. Someone may drop out last minute. Did you try just now or back in September?

The program ties up a lot of the instructors so getting a lesson at all may be hard.

Uke

Who am I now
Skier
mm,

Not sure if Lance is working yet or if he is if he is scheduled to work the Mahre camp. Same thing with Royce. Just what do you want out of the lesson, more technical or more wah-hoo skiing? I may be able to give you a name.

uke

TS
musicmatters

musicmatters

Getting on the lift
Skier

You could try calling/begging again? Try to get on their waitlist. Someone may drop out last minute. Did you try just now or back in September?

The program ties up a lot of the instructors so getting a lesson at all may be hard.

Yup, I did that. Called, begged, pleaded. Wrote a very nice email. They said they couldn’t move me ahead of anyone else on the waitlist. I am on the waiting list, but I don’t think I’ll make it.

TS
musicmatters

musicmatters

Getting on the lift
Skier
mm,

Not sure if Lance is working yet or if he is if he is scheduled to work the Mahre camp. Same thing with Royce. Just what do you want out of the lesson, more technical or more wah-hoo skiing? I may be able to give you a name.

uke

Definitely technical. I want to work on pure carving turns and really focus on technique and drills.

Appreciate any recommendations you may have.

You think a full day private or 2 x 1/2days would be better? Then I could work on things in the afternoon and go back day 2? Or immerse myself in 1 day would be better. (Full day would be a little cheaper)

Last edited:

Sponsor