• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Impressive. He was solid on the stand but still, it didn't seem like he'd be able to get completely off the way he did.

Deans life is now a ridiculously interesting story. I hope someone tells the tale in a movie or documentary made for Netflix/hulu. It's worthy. I have a feeling it's not over quite yet either. I wonder how things are going to go for the guy now.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
One would hope if he's been getting help inside that continues outside and he has a chance at becoming a productive member of society. I'd suspect the acquittal has a lot to do with perception of mental health rather than the tangible facts.

And one hesitates to say it because of it being a hot button issue - is he really the sort of person who should be around guns in the future?

James

Out There
Instructor
I'd suspect the acquittal has a lot to do with perception of mental health rather than the tangible facts.
Just reading the little reported, the prosecutor said Dean “made it all up”.
Seems clear from his videos and statements before that he was paranoid and believed in a conspiracy against him.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Looking at a couple of excerpts of the defence counsel's closing argument it seems to me that there was a bit of a free hit in getting Cummings' version of events accepted in the absence of another witness. She didn't seem to be majoring on the him being attacked with a cannister of nano particle chemicals....

James

Out There
Instructor
Looking at a couple of excerpts of the defence counsel's closing argument it seems to me that there was a bit of a free hit in getting Cummings' version of events accepted in the absence of another witness. She didn't seem to be majoring on the him being attacked with a cannister of nano particle chemicals....
Then the “sloppy” investigation. Plus prosecution probably. Something as simple as “he refused to tell me his name”, is refuted by the officer’s own audio recording. He never asked the question. Amazing you could get to trial and not know that.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just reading the little reported, the prosecutor said Dean “made it all up”.
Seems clear from his videos and statements before that he was paranoid and believed in a conspiracy against him.
The worst part is that somebody else died. That family can never get their loved one back, and that man's life has been lost amid the frenzy over a famous (in the ski world) person's drama.

Last edited:

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Then the “sloppy” investigation. Plus prosecution probably. Something as simple as “he refused to tell me his name”, is refuted by the officer’s own audio recording. He never asked the question. Amazing you could get to trial and not know that.
As I mentioned over in the tgr thread, that kind of pooch screwing by law enforcement and prosecutors is fairly common in New Mexico. It’s not always too hard to find some kind of sloppiness on the part of LE or prosecution here. :huh:

Sponsor

Staff online