• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dauphine drama

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Interesting season shaping up as evidenced by the Dauphine results. Magic ride by Fuglsang and a brave defense by Porte. Nice result for Martin. Froome struggling (only by the standard set for him). Valverde and Contador a bit inconsistent.

Looking forward to the TDF.

Eric

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
The dope timing hasn't peaked for Froome just yet.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
Don't get me wrong. I love the sport. I just get cynical when one team can dominate an event for multiple seasons.

TS
Eleeski

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hey it's racing. Porte use to be on Sky. BMC was a reassembly of a drug compromised team. Astana has a history as well. Everyone who has been around for a while has the history as well.

I honestly enjoyed the Lance era. Maybe more than today with the endless suspicions tainting everything. The racing was good.

Racing is still as fun done clean. So perhaps a worthy goal.

Eric

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
@markojp no worries... I have been in top level endurance for way too long to have nice (and clean) picture of all this. But as everything is just way too dirty for people not involved into this to even comprehend, I rather keep my opinions (and few things I know first hand) about this to myself. But nevertheless I still say Lance won TdF 7 times fair and square. And no matter how they try to delete him from the books, he's still 7 times winner for me. Even though I really didn't like that guy... in real life he was real bi**tch... at least at those times.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
@markojp no worries... I have been in top level endurance for way too long to have nice (and clean) picture of all this. But as everything is just way too dirty for people not involved into this to even comprehend, I rather keep my opinions (and few things I know first hand) about this to myself. But nevertheless I still say Lance won TdF 7 times fair and square. And no matter how they try to delete him from the books, he's still 7 times winner for me. Even though I really didn't like that guy... in real life he was real bi**tch... at least at those times.

I agree, Lance won fair and square. He did destroy a lot of the sport and people but hey, he should get the credit for the wins. Just racing on 7 tours and finishing them while wearing yellow most of the time without any nasty accident taking him out of the race is an accomplishment. Nobody handled the bike for him. He did it out on the road day after day.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
I take no offense to any of this. Personally I think Lance won fair and square given that doping was rampant in his era. Carmichael and the Italian medical corp had their program wired. I'm sure Sky is pretty much the same.

Sponsor

Staff online