• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Danny Mac is Back

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I was really hoping there would be a "fails" section. Was not disappointed.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
The treadmill nose-wheelie... I don't really get the physics. I mean he did slowly come down the ramp, but I don't see how he held it as long as he did.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
The treadmill nose-wheelie... I don't really get the physics. I mean he did slowly come down the ramp, but I don't see how he held it as long as he did.

I don't know half enough about trials bike geo for a qualified comment - but is it possible he got the back wheel up high enough relative to the angle of the treadmill deck, to have negative caster? That's about the only way I see that steering being as steady as it was. So the open question is - are trials bikes built with super low trail?

His weight is as forward as forward gets, and you can see the braking jerks (5 by my count) as he uses the treadmill itself to back himself up the slope, so those two factors are taken care of.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
When "advanced" moves into "expert" range.:ogbiggrin: Even if it takes several tries.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Kinda like Chuck Norris does not cry, Danny Mac is not subject to the normal laws of physics!

You guys think the vertical jump at the end was real?!

Seems too high even for a superhero....

Last edited:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I don't know half enough about trials bike geo for a qualified comment - but is it possible he got the back wheel up high enough relative to the angle of the treadmill deck, to have negative caster? That's about the only way I see that steering being as steady as it was. So the open question is - are trials bikes built with super low trail?

His weight is as forward as forward gets, and you can see the braking jerks (5 by my count) as he uses the treadmill itself to back himself up the slope, so those two factors are taken care of.
I think you are on the right track: feathered braking

Sponsor