• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Augment Skis

Getting on the lift
Manufacturer
I know I probably should stay out of this, but @Philpug you do realize how your writing in protection of "Official Pugski Sponsor" adding "some of, if not the best skis that the ever" sounds? Exactly this is reason, why I don't give a shit about magazines, where articles are paid PR articles and not real stuff, and I was certainly hoping this won't turn into same thing. I admit I don't know any of you in person, or maybe I do, just that I have no idea you are under certain nickname on this forum, but I honestly doubt, regardless on "he would never sacrifice his name stating something not 110% true even if it's against company that sponsors you", once you get money or any other deal from company, that you are 100% objective. Well... I don't doubt, I'm sure about this. I'm not 3 years old kid, so I experienced enough in my life to be sure about certain things. So for me personally such things are actually taking away usability and especially objectivity of this forum, as it's turning into paid PR stunt without a single bit of relevance (exactly as those 2 PR postings above which are only that and nothing else, and most of claims are so ridiculous to anyone at least a bit into race business that it's useless to even respond to that), but it's not my choice. My choice is only if I want to participate in PR stunt like this or not. I know I already did when I decided to write this, but will stay out of it from now on.
@Primoz we're definitely against the whole idea of "pay to play" as well. We aren't in any of the major magazines because as we get rolling in the North American market, we didn't have the advertising dollars to spend with them and they wouldn't take us on the merits of being a new brand or a good performing ski(attempts to contact their editors were not returned). Our hats are off to Backcountry Magazine because they took our Touring skis, tested them, we won an award, and many months later they asked if we would like to advertise and we said yes. Pugski is very much the same way. Phil and @ScotsSkier among others skied our skis last Winter and have been raving about them ever since. We only agreed to advertise last Friday, October 4th, so again, their opinions were un-phased by advertising dollars which are few and far between for us as we get up to speed with retailers. We're thankful to sites like Pugski and Backcountry who saw the need to test a new brand for the sake of the industry rather than the sake of their wallets.

Augment Skis

Getting on the lift
Manufacturer
I remember a couple years ago a salesman for a large ski company came on this site and compared his product against some of the others and he hasn’t been heard from since and for me it was a good thing he hasn’t been heard from since, please don’t ask me to remember his site name because I don’t.
To me it just didn’t pass the smell test and neither does this.
@Viking9 I won't make this too long as I think @Philpug said it best but we're far from vaporware. We're the North American distributors of a world wide brand that has already had success on the World and Europa Cups. All we need is traction in the North American market and that's likely to start this Winter. We have a number of retailers that know all about us, have tested our skis, and are looking to fit us in for the 20/21 season. We plan to have a limited retail base to give our retailers more space than other brands and as that word gets out, retailers are starting to contact us to snap us up for their markets which is exactly what we were hoping for. As a reminder, we had Tim Jitloff of the US Ski Team on our skis when they were called Croc. We had Philip Schorghoffer from Austria, and now Daniel Meier of Austria, among other top athletes.

Augment Skis

Getting on the lift
Manufacturer
Phil there is nothing wrong AT ALL with anyone talking about how good or bad a ski is and I sincerely hope Augment does great and sells a million skis and I hope that Pugski and SS and the rest of your review team has something to do with it, you all seem to be VERY FAIR and act in a trustworthy way.
My statement was about someone like the gentleman from Augment saying HIS product is better than THEIR product, HE’S TOO FAR UP THE FOOD CHAIN.
If Bob from Bobs Ski and Sport says it , fine, if Red Dog films says it ,fine , if SS says it that’s great he does a great job and people should value his opinion.
@Viking9 I see how you think that I was saying that the skis are better than other brand's skis while what I meant was that the company is better (I'll be more careful with that word going forward) because of the fact that there is only one version of the skis, not multiple. What that means is that every consumer, whether a junior racer, a master racer, a recreational skier...etc, gets the very best version of the ski that we can make. All 165 slaloms are built the exact same as our world cup athletes get. That is not something that other brands offer. I was merely trying to point out what set Augment apart from the others was the lack of production levels, that everybody gets the very best version of the skis to compliment their skills.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks Augment for responding , with your second post you got the gist of what I was saying. I hope that Austrian you signed ends up on TV and holds up your product for everyone to see!
Best of luck !!

Augment Skis

Getting on the lift
Manufacturer
Thanks Augment for responding , with your second post you got the gist of what I was saying. I hope that Austrian you signed ends up on TV and holds up your product for everyone to see!
Best of luck !!
@Viking9 us too! We were at the factory in May and they had just signed him. As @Muleski pointed out correctly, he has had a history of not staying healthy and injury free. If he can stay healthy this year, they believe he is a top 30, if not top 10 skier and that would help to put Augment on the map.

We had some very notable US Ski Team skiers test Augment in the last couple of years but we weren't able to sign any yet even though the testing went well.

Sponsor

Staff online