• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Danger, don’t do this!

nesneros

Needs another base grind
Skier
We have seen much less heat melt these vacuum fit boots!

Attachments

• D5304624-65FE-4841-855B-EBCD762F25BD.jpeg
    D5304624-65FE-4841-855B-EBCD762F25BD.jpeg
    225.8 KB · Views: 193
TS
nesneros

nesneros

Needs another base grind
Skier
No idea, but after about 20 minutes the guy came by and immediately strapped them on. I thought maybe a buckle might pull out of the plastic, no indication of trouble. Maybe eh thought he could re-form them :)

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh, I can raise the bar on that, just need to dig up the picture. Guy put his brand new Lange RS (I believe) INSIDE the fire screen while he ate lunch!

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I melted the plastic on the tongue of my old zipfits by leaving them next to an electric baseboard in our ski condo in VT. I was used to hydronic heat which doesn’t get that hot. :nono:

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Oh, I can raise the bar on that, just need to dig up the picture. Guy put his brand new Lange RS (I believe) INSIDE the fire screen while he ate lunch!
I don’t blame him. Have you ever tried to get a pair of those on when they’ve cold. :roflmao:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I don’t blame him. Have you ever tried to get a pair of those on when they’ve cold. :roflmao:
But he took them off at lunch :huh:
I am still trying to find the picture.
But yes, my Rossi ZJ are a bit stiff at the end of the day, too.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I have. Takes between 45 minutes and an hour. :):)
One of the reasons I do not use stock liners.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I for once am not surprised. If he bought them on a whim, just because he liked the color or something without proper fitting, these can be torture devices. With a proper fit the RS 130 are as close to perfection as it gets but if he had wide feet and bought them based on what a friend told him...no bueno.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I for once am not surprised. If he bought them on a whim, just because he liked the color or something without proper fitting, these can be torture devices. With a proper fit the RS 130 are as close to perfection as it gets but if he had wide feet and bought them based on what a friend told him...no bueno.
They are NOT cheap, either! Boots are not cheap, these are even not cheaper.