• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dang It! Laid Off Again

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Great news. Hope it is something that you really enjoy.
My little world got all messed around. Working as a contractor for the government (BPA). Good news is it is from home; bad news is it's the government. Home for the foreseeable future.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Bonneville? Did the last leg of my career there at the Portland HQ -- almost 6 years.

It is very different, especially as a contractor. I have never worked for a more process driven organization. There are some good people there. But very different.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Life is much different now and way better.

Covid hit and like many we moved out of town. I was between assignments and Michael was fully remote. Who knew when Michael would have to go into the office again so we used the opportunity to escape the Fairfield county rat race.

We now live in the eastern side of NW CT along the Massachusetts border. I had a fabulous remote job for a fortune 500 company that just ended. I was there for 2.5 years. I now work for a small US company in Boston in another 100% remote role. I do go into the office a few times a year but they pay for hotel/meals.

Michael does have to go into the office a couple times a week but it's a straight shot down route 8.

We are closer to VT and no longer have to drive on 91 to get there.

My closest metro for work is Farmington/Hartford which is 45 to an hour away but remote work is still very much alive and well so full time office work is hopefully a thing of the past

I'm now tapped into the Boston market and the once in a while Boston work visit is perfect for me.

We have new cars, live in the country and have breweries and local skiing closer than grocery stores. Wished we had done this sooner.

:beercheer:

Last edited:

Sponsor