• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Daleboots anyone or alternate boot suggestions?

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
I know someone who had Daleboots custom made from measurements taken by a competent bootfitter. They ended up being too wide. He returned them and got a full refund. I had heard prior to that that Dale's molds tended toward the wide side and that they can't fix that since the molds are not going to be changed.
That's why you shouldn't trust your own measurements or a shop that isn't a DaleBoot shop. Just for grins I measured my feet the way the website told me to so I could compare to what the DaleBoot tech got and they were very different. My guess is the molds are correct and the measurements were off. Mine fit so well I'm buying a second pair in a stiffer model this summer while I'm getting new liners for my old (150 days) pair.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I just found my Masterfit Buyer's Guide 2020 saved on my computer. Mark Elling wrote a review of DaleBoots in it, and below is a quote from that review. My memory that tells me they don't have narrow lasts must be wrong.

The process begins with a DaleBoot dealer taking essential measurements and tracings of the skier’s feet. North American specs are sent to the factory in Salt Lake City, UT. European specs are sent to DaleBoot’s European HQ in Kitzbuehel, Austria. Both locations also host DaleBoot-branded factory fit centers.
As the specs are received, the lower boot is built to match the foot shape using a variety of heavy metal lasts and a steam bath that permanently molds the thin shell-wall polyether plastic. The upper cuff is selected to match the lower leg’s length and modified as needed to suit the calf’s shape. Then the bespoke boot is shipped to the dealer (to meet the deadline they’ve stipulated, often within the week) where the Intuition liner of a variety of styles, thicknesses and densities will be molded and then stance alignment checked and modified as needed.
All of this is included in the price of $825, which also includes any needed modifications made by the dealer down the road. Our recent boot tests have favored the VFF Pro, DaleBoot’s most popular model, for its long-travel flex feel, high agility scores and hyper-aware feel for the snow. Their VFF is preferred by less aggressive skiers and more petite women, and the ST is a stiff beast of a boot that big dudes and frontside carvers love for its power and stability. Any of these models can be made as narrow as a 92 mm last and as wide as a 114 mm, as well as from a size 23 all the way to a 33.

Last edited:

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
I just found my Masterfit Buyer's Guide 2020 saved on my computer. Mark Elling wrote a review of DaleBoots in it, and below is a quote from that review. My memory that tells me they don't have narrow lasts must be wrong.

The process begins with a DaleBoot dealer taking essential measurements and tracings of the skier’s feet. North American specs are sent to the factory in Salt Lake City, UT. European specs are sent to DaleBoot’s European HQ in Kitzbuehel, Austria. Both locations also host DaleBoot-branded factory fit centers.
As the specs are received, the lower boot is built to match the foot shape using a variety of heavy metal lasts and a steam bath that permanently molds the thin shell-wall polyether plastic. The upper cuff is selected to match the lower leg’s length and modified as needed to suit the calf’s shape. Then the bespoke boot is shipped to the dealer (to meet the deadline they’ve stipulated, often within the week) where the Intuition liner of a variety of styles, thicknesses and densities will be molded and then stance alignment checked and modified as needed.
All of this is included in the price of $825, which also includes any needed modifications made by the dealer down the road. Our recent boot tests have favored the VFF Pro, DaleBoot’s most popular model, for its long-travel flex feel, high agility scores and hyper-aware feel for the snow. Their VFF is preferred by less aggressive skiers and more petite women, and the ST is a stiff beast of a boot that big dudes and frontside carvers love for its power and stability. Any of these models can be made as narrow as a 92 mm last and as wide as a 114 mm, as well as from a size 23 all the way to a 33.
That's pretty general on the widths. I'm in 27.5's and my feet measured 116 & 118 mm wide before you add a liner. They can really make whatever you need.

Sponsor

Staff online