• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Here are my last 3 pair of ski boots. My current Langes have around 200 days on them so I think it is time to replace. What are some good options for me? I have a really narrow foot so Langes work well for me, but I am open to other brands. My current footbed is from Surefoot.
D6DEF4AA-5CAA-44C7-BA83-B3FE4635586E.jpeg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You ski out of Breckenridge, so see @Doug Briggs as his shop. It really doesn't matter what anyone here "thinks" might work based upon your boot history. Every brand offers "narrow" boots that could be fine options but until you slide your foot in...it is just an educated guess.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
787D84A8-9B47-4E45-AAE8-8D5F8EE3E99B.jpeg

0CFAE2DB-6978-4D93-8064-E0D4F63722FE.jpeg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I have four Midwest instructor friends really into Apex boots, but I prefer a traditional boot. I have another friend being fitted at a well-known Dumont, Colorado shop as we speak, but I don’t think my wife would be too happy with me if I went all out on a current year ski boot. I usually buy my boots in the summer on sale in the mountains.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
If you're out around SLC for the gathering, or not, why not check out Daleboot? If I had the resources that's where I'd go for THE boot of all cool and great fitting boots.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You ski out of Breckenridge, so see @Doug Briggs as his shop. It really doesn't matter what anyone here "thinks" might work based upon your boot history. Every brand offers "narrow" boots that could be fine options but until you slide your foot in...it is just an educated guess.
This!

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

Well, sort of. I'm a ski mechanic, not a bootfitter, but the shop I work in has some of the best footfitters around. Come on in we'll get you pointed in the right direction.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
If you're out around SLC for the gathering, or not, why not check out Daleboot? If I had the resources that's where I'd go for THE boot of all cool and great fitting boots.

I am curious about Daleboot (although being a graphic designer I wish they offered boots with more color -- I know, not cool to be concerned with color).

Also interested in Fischer Vacuum Boots.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Here are my last 3 pair of ski boots. My current Langes have around 200 days on them so I think it is time to replace. What are some good options for me? I have a really narrow foot so Langes work well for me, but I am open to other brands. My current footbed is from Surefoot. View attachment 41339

What are you looking for in the new boots? Lighter weight? More walkability? ?

There are so many awesome options out there now.

A friend of mine has the APEX boots and they are ok but the frame is silly. The boots are great for walking but you have to then either leave the frames clicked in the bindings or carry them. The frame system also adds extra BSL length and in you case its gonna be a LOT so unless you have demo bindings a remount will most likely be required.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
What are you looking for in the new boots? Lighter weight? More walkability? ?

There are so many awesome options out there now.

A friend of mine has the APEX boots and they are ok but the frame is silly. The boots are great for walking but you have to then either leave the frames clicked in the bindings or carry them. The frame system also adds extra BSL length and in you case its gonna be a LOT so unless you have demo bindings a remount will most likely be required.

Probably comfort and performance...if those go together. I am kind of intrigued by Daleboot.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Probably comfort and performance...if those go together. I am kind of intrigued by Daleboot.

Never heard of those until now. I have a pair of Lange RS130's (2016) which ski and feel great but for walking are terrible and they are very heavy (not a bad thing on hard snow days though). Chris at SBF (Vail) did the fitting and it was nicely done. This season I got a pair of Atomic Hawx XTD 120's (for resort and touring use) and really love the fit out of the box (just custom orthotic and spacer under). They are super light compared to the Lange and the walk mode and grip sole are superb. That said on a hard snow day at high speeds on rough groomers the Lange is a tad better performance wise but most times the Hawx hangs in there. Cuff height is a tad higher in the Hawx which is better for me (tall and skinny lower legs) so that helps a bit with the feel compared to the my Lange.

If your foot is lower volume like mine I would definitely check out the Hawx XTD and the Hawx Ultra 130. (Plus the new Langes as well)

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
As with all boots, I’ve met people that swear by Dale Boots. My method of selecting boots is this:

Walk into shop with bootfitter I absolutely trust.
Tell him I need new boots.
Answer his questions honestly.
Try the boots he hands me without taking notice of brand.
Choose the ones that fit best.
Finish fitting and customizing.
Walk out with boots.​

I always hate going through the process because I fear I might not get good boots. However, it has worked every time. The key is your relationship with your bootfitter.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
F3651FAE-525A-414B-BDAD-9FEB8CE52AAC.png

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My aching six toe on my left foot tonight has me thinking comfort. It always seems to hurt more when I ski in warmer temps.

Skied yesterday in 60 degree temps.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
upload_2018-4-4_13-5-48.png

Thoughts on Daleboots?

My sixth toe really can be painful at times. I haven’t skied for 2 weeks and it is still red.
ED1A9E3B-8653-4468-8C97-BB1DCEDFFF44.jpeg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Your boot needs a punch in that location
Or maybe a bigger punch than the one you got

I assume you have real footbeds and correct shell for your foot

My current footbed is from Surefoot and I have had my boots punched a couple times there.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Any thoughts on Daleboots? While not the best looking boot, at this point in my life comfort is pretty important.

Of course I would need to go to SLC or Denver -- I'm guessing headquarters in SLC would be best.

Still considering Surefoot, Racer's Edge, or Harb's in Dumont.

Sponsor