• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cycling World Tour Team Cars

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone else watching the TDF notice that it's just a parade of beautiful wagons you can't get here? @Philpug ?

This has always been the case. Pure misery. I'd sell my soul for the new Focus ST wagon.

Even BMW has thrown in the towel with the new 3 series. No wagon for USA. They carried the small (overpriced) wagon torch for a LONG time, despite really, really low sales.

pliny the elder

Industry Insider
Skier
One of my favorite cars was a 2002 E46 BMW Sport Wagen. More fun to drive than anything more practical and more practical than anything more fun to drive, as the saying goes. While underpowered, it was plenty willing. Unfortunately, the marketplace in the US fails to see this and seems to prefer the compact suv.

If they had offered the 3 series sport wagen with the three liter six and a stick, there would be one in my garage. The euros get one.

Life can be so unfair sometimes.

Otherwise, big on the the Tour de France, amazing spectacle, part scenic travelogue, part sporting event, part human drama, with plenty of suffering.

pliny the elder

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
One of my favorite cars was a 2002 E46 BMW Sport Wagen. More fun to drive than anything more practical and more practical than anything more fun to drive, as the saying goes. While underpowered, it was plenty willing. Unfortunately, the marketplace in the US fails to see this and seems to prefer the compact suv.

If they had offered the 3 series sport wagen with the three liter six and a stick, there would be one in my garage. The euros get one.

Life can be so unfair sometimes.

Otherwise, big on the the Tour de France, amazing spectacle, part scenic travelogue, part sporting event, part human drama, with plenty of suffering.

pliny the elder

I had the 2004. Seriously underpowered, which I realize now wasn't necessarily a bad thing for having actual fun on public roads.

Same on the 3 liter/stick combo. I'd order one tomorrow, at full pop, and pay in advance.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
North America has a lot less selection on car/truck variations than the test of the world despite being billed as a car nation.

On other forums the biggest theory on that is the lobby groups have worked hard put in place regulation to eliminate competition under the umbrella of safety.

As an example VW gets fined billions and sued billions for cheating on emissions (possibly causing death), yet Boeing knowingly cheated a system and did cause death to over 600 hundred. Don’t see any fines here or lawsuits here.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid