• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Curbing the enthusiasm - lite weight boot / GripWalk warning

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
TINSTAAFL.

That has always been the case and always will be. Remember TINSTAAFL, forget it at your own peril. It honestly drives me nuts that customers can't understand this... then they blame 'marketing' that NEVER told them that their new super light tech binding could handle FWT skiing.

I respect your input, but don’t feel I’m begging a free lunch. A crossover boot used in a binding designed by Marker & Tyrolia for both wider skis & the GripWalk system should at a minimum remain attached to the ski.

I’m not running the boot in a pin binding for lift service stuff.

There’s no utilization with my race skis.

I’m basically running ubiquitously available all mtn boards in modest lengths at contemporary widths.

No doubt the 196’s are pushing the envelope, but the same effect occurred in the 180’s & as @Philpug cites, I’m a gnat ; absent height & lbs.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
05FEA439-9863-4118-94D3-B3DDE9DF6E83.jpeg
Yes, I know:)

Have you tried Salomon's 1664g S-Max 130 Carbon?

They only have 26s at the moment & for that type of skiing....... dual spoilered, WC plugs are the way to go.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
You weigh 145# and are complaining that an AT boot won't keep you in a 196 cm X 110mm "charger"?

Perhaps you are "exceeding expectations".

It would be interesting to observe the actual flexure that allows the boot to exit the binding. Quite a technical challenge for sure.
Myself, I use the light boots along with tech bindings to enhance the uphill.
I plan to do so tomorrow! ;-)

Sponsor