• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah Crowd Comparison Park City Vs. BCC/LCC

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I think if you're at the canyon 30min before opening (8:30) to time to be at parking at the bell. Assuming roads are clear and not powder day. Check before you go; just treat the same as you would getting to Squaw from Tahoe Donner on a Sunday. I think it'll be about the same in terms of crowds and competition.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Some of these posts are bumming me out. We are taking a Utah trip in a couple weeks.

Snowbasin on Saturday. I'll be one of the thousand extra there for the Dave Goode day. I accept that it might be busy. Any out of the way lifts? Preferably with bumps. Or powder.

Sunday we need to choose between Snowbird or Brighton. I loved the mountain at Snowbird but it's been a long time since that not particularly crowded visit. I imagine things have changed with respect to crowds over the decades. Will Sunday be too crowded there?

I've never been to Brighton. Is it less busy on Sunday? Is it worth the trip to explore?

We're staying in Park City for Monday and Tuesday. I guess Deer Valley is our only Ikon choice there? Is it worth buying a ticket elsewhere (which one?)?

It might be stormy. How do road choices affect things? We have a rental car. And where might outsiders find powder?

We ski Squaw normally from our very close cabin. We know the quiet lifts and powder stashes (the ones that last a long time - till 10:30). Since we aren't staying slopeside in Utah, we will be stuck with the masses and traffic and parking hassles to be at the tail end of the powder chasers. Sigh. I like crud and soft bumps. Unless you can steer me to the quiet spots!

Is there a little resort in Logan? Is it worth the drive from Ogden and missing Snowbird or Brighton?

Thanks.
Eric
Pray it's not a powder day! Glad to hear you're coming up for Dave's celebration. We'll be there. It's also @utskier
birthday so extra special day for us. As for out of the way lifts--hahahahaha! That's part of the problem with that mountain. You have three main lifts, with a few auxiliary lifts that serve the same terrain. The only one that is remotely out of the way is Porky, and unless there's powder and you pop into Powderhound Bowl, it serves maybe 500 vertical (??) then drops right into the main runs from Needles and JP.

As for the place near Logan--yes, Beaver Mountain. I LOVE it there, but that's because it is an old school mom and pop mountain with fairly mellow terrain. If you are into checking out those kinds of places, then I think it's worth the drive, which is really pretty and quite easy. It'd really depend on snow conditions and temps. We are having unseasonably warm temps, and this incoming storm is looking warmer and warmer.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@raytseng Thanks for the info. I gave you a "like" despite your conditions forecast. Originally that weekend was scheduled for Squaw. Sigh.

Eric
@Eleeski Thank you for your sacrifice. Ullr has seen your itinerary and blessed Tahoe just as predicted.

In all seriousness, safe travels and have a good trip; keep healthy to do it again next season.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is there a little resort in Logan? Is it worth the drive from Ogden and missing Snowbird or Brighton?

Thanks.
Eric
Beaver
Powder Mountain.

Do it!