• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Crevasse

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
wow

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
:eek::eek: :crossfingers:

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Did he have cellphone service down there? How would anyone know you disappeared like that.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Dave, how did you embed this crevasse video? The only place I can find it is on facebook.
And then I can't figure out how to embed any video from there

embed.jpg

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
Yea, I saw that a few years ago. It helped when this happened to me while heliskiing in February.

IMG_4480.jpg

It wasn't a crevasse, but was a snow bridge across a creek that collapsed when I skied across it. I dropped about 5 feet and my skis were holding me up. I had to wait 15 minutes before the tail gunner came by -- he almost didn't see me. I could then release my skis (I kept them on as I was unsure how much further I would drop, and if I dropped more than a few inches I would have been completely unobservable).

It was an experience!

Mike

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yea, I saw that a few years ago. It helped when this happened to me while heliskiing in February.

View attachment 10129

It wasn't a crevasse, but was a snow bridge across a creek that collapsed when I skied across it. I dropped about 5 feet and my skis were holding me up. I had to wait 15 minutes before the tail gunner came by -- he almost didn't see me. I could then release my skis (I kept them on as I was unsure how much further I would drop, and if I dropped more than a few inches I would have been completely unobservable).

It was an experience!

Mike
Whoa! I can't imagine!

Sponsor

Staff online