• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The weather has been so strange the last few seasons. Can't count on anything. We skied CB twice last season, once in mid-winter and once in the spring. Mid-winter (Feb. I think) had late spring conditions, refrozen glop or mashed potatoes with nothing in between. In the spring it was cold, but the snow was super heavy with little visibility. Not the norm for CB.

All this is to say that you are right, there is terrain accessible to an advanced intermediate (the OP from his/her description is a "pretty fair" skier.) But only IF the snow conditions are reasonable. We didn't even try going up high last season.

PS: Jeff, I've skied Teocalli bowl a couple of times and found it a lot of fun. If I can do it, you most certainly can!

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Son-of-a gun! I've gotta take a look at my life choices after reading the CB comments. I've spent the last 17 years living there winters and skiing 100+ days. It now appears I've been in a place where there is little decent snow or skiing until a few days when most of you won't be there. We all have opinions, and mine about CB is that it's a good place to spend your ski days. The ten years before CB were spent at Big Sky, and the years before that included season passes at Vail, Aspen, Ski Cooper, and Snoqualmie Summit. so my opinion is based on some knowledge of skiing and ski areas.

OK, I'm over it now. Carry on.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Son-of-a gun! I've gotta take a look at my life choices after reading the CB comments. I've spent the last 17 years living there winters and skiing 100+ days. It now appears I've been in a place where there is little decent snow or skiing until a few days when most of you won't be there. We all have opinions, and mine about CB is that it's a good place to spend your ski days. The ten years before CB were spent at Big Sky, and the years before that included season passes at Vail, Aspen, Ski Cooper, and Snoqualmie Summit. so my opinion is based on some knowledge of skiing and ski areas.

OK, I'm over it now. Carry on.
Just be thankful they all think the good stuff is rarely open.