• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
We are going to try to sneak another trip in before our spring break trip with the kids. Having EPIC pass, we would like to try to go that route. Our fear is that Early spring break crowd. So we have all but eliminated I-70, since it will be over the weekend. We typically go to Monarch a couple times a year, but have not this year. Obviously no Epic, so we have been to Crested 5 times so far and spring break has been booked for a while there. We are leaning towards CB again since we always stay at the Elevation and the Ski in/out with ski valet makes it effortless. Lodging in Salida and lift tickets at Monarch are about the same amount as the lodging. So that is why I am leaning towards CB. What is it like early spring break / Pre spring break crowd wise. Typically in the last few years Spring Break was not overly busy. Unlike Breck a couple weeks ago, it was crazy Feb 6-10. Between the cold on the 7th, the power outage on the 8th (skied Beav, and was a blast), and the crowds on the 9th. I swore it was not a holiday weekend too.

Where should we go?

Crested Butte
Monarch
Breck

21 days of skiing in so far. Still trying to hit 30, which I feel is pretty good for someone 700 miles away from where we ski.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I have an Epic Local Pass. My ski buddy just bought a house in Salida. He was telling me I could get a discount at Monarch with my Epic Pass, or any pass.

TS
djetok

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
I have an Epic Local Pass. My ski buddy just bought a house in Salida. He was telling me I could get a discount at Monarch with my Epic Pass, or any pass.

good call . A quick google search got me this off the Monarch website

migration ticket
Show your current season pass from any CO ski area at the ticket window, and get 40% off a Monarch Lift Ticket. (That's a $54 ticket this season, ya local!)We like to call it the C'monarch over and ski for yourself deal.This offer is not valid with loyalty cards, multi-day cards, nordic passes, limited use passes, or any other discounts.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Assuming you're driving up from Oklahoma?

Stay at friends house in Salida, ski Monarch on the way to and/or from CB. CB is great in early March. It'll be a bit busy on the weekends, so if you can ski Monarch on those days, all the better. Midweek won't be that bad in my experience.

TS
djetok

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
Assuming you're driving up from Oklahoma?

Stay at friends house in Salida, ski Monarch on the way to and/or from CB. CB is great in early March. It'll be a bit busy on the weekends, so if you can ski Monarch on those days, all the better. Midweek won't be that bad in my experience.
Yes from Oklahoma and we don't have any friends in Salida. I have one in Buena Vista, but we don't want to do that drive everyday. We typically have stayed at the Monarch lodge. If we go to Monarch, we will stay in Salida. We always drive down to Salida to eat after skiing. @Dave Petersen has the friend in Salida and posted about the discount at Monarch. Which makes the choice more difficult. I am pretty sure my wife will pick CB, just for the ski valet and ski in ski out at the elevation. Personally I love Monarch and that's where I want to retire. My wife wants Breck. We shall see who wins. Probably not me though, I just pay the bills.

Sponsor